Predict The Score vs Buffalo 8-31-17.

Gophers: 27
Buffalo: 24

Late field goal by the Gophers to win it.

Interesting fact: I went to UB for undergrad and UM for grad, so my vision may be a bit clouded.

The U's facebook event page lists the gametime as 6 PM ... to 11:59.... I really hope that doesn't happen.

38-10 Gophs. Buffalo gets a late TD after Gophs sit D starters.

That would probably entail about 20 OT rounds. If that happens in this game, I predict maybe two wins and they won't be Iowa and wisconsin.

Who was it one year, we had a OT win in pre conference games ... I recall the team winning and just sort of wandering off the field as everyone knew that if that game went to OT we were in trouble... anyway, I expect that kinda thing if we go to OT.

UptownMaroon&Gold Minnesota 35 Buffalo 13

Buffalo will lead 10-7 at half after a bad INT by Rhoda, and careless fumble by Croft.

Brooks TD will allow Gophers to hang on to 14-13 lead at end of 3rd.

4th quarter explosion with long TD run by Smith, a Lingen TD catch, and a Merrick Jackson fumble return TD to seal it.

Gophers 28 Bulls 13. Game will be tight in the first half and closer because of the newness of the coaching staff and first game jitters by the quarterbacks. Smith and Brooks will nail down the game for us in the end as they will wear down the Bulls in the second half.

Winner post 52 tato2001 predicted 17-15.

Prize is one 2.1 ounce package of dried buffalo scat.

Gophers 17
Buffalo 15

Gophers are up 17-9 late in the 4th as defense holds Buffalo to just 3 FGs, but Gophers QB's struggle to find a rhythm. Gophs attempt a field goal to put the game out of reach, but it is blocked by Buffalo and returned for a touchdown. With the crowd on their feet, the Gophers manage to stop the ensuing 2 pt conversion attempt. Fans simultaneously cheer and groan.

This is based solely on my aggregated memory of many years of 4th quarters in the Dome and the Bank.

Congratulations!!!

Top Bottom