Predict the Score Thread: Rhode Island at Minnesota

Looks like they have a dual threat QB that originally signed with VT. They struggled to run vs Holy Cross and lost three fumbles. Still won 20-17 despite -3 in turnovers. They spread things out and let their QB make plays, which will make some gopher fans jealous I’m sure. We should be able to score plenty, but if RI manages their turnovers I wouldn’t be surprised if they put up around 20.

1Q: Minnesota 7, Rhode Island 3
2Q: Minnesota 21, Rhode Island 3
3Q: Minnesota 38, Rhode Island 3
FINAL: Minnesota 45, Rhode Island 6

I have no idea what to expect from our offense but I don't anticipate anything encouraging. 20-7 gophs.

30-0 Gophs. We masterfully move the ball down the field each and every possession. They all end intentionally in a field goal attempt for Kesich on the right hash from various distances. The anti-dink Phil Steele's preseason All-American hits 10-10.

Gophers 99
RI 0

After rewatching the game against UNC, I don’t feel as hopeless for this offensive group as I did immediately after the game. Same with the defense, if they stop with the dumb penalties and cut the missed tackles a bit they will keep us in some games. Going forward I really really hope PJ allows this offense to throw the football and get some good reps in doing that with some quick passing concepts that Brosmer seems to excel in, and I also hope to see anybody but Redding back to return the football. That said, I just hope both teams stay healthy and predict Gophers win 48-13 over Rhody

If Drake Lindsey doesn’t play the 2nd half of this game it’ll be sad, because he sure should be able to. Perich should play safety. MN should win by 40+, but we’ll see.

Gophers 38
Rhode Island 7

Max Brosmer went for 430 passing yards against Rhode Island last year with New Hampshire's talent around him. Who's taking the under on that one?

Gophers 38
Rhode Island 7

Max Brosmer went for 430 passing yards against Rhode Island last year with New Hampshire's talent around him. Who's taking the under on that one?
This will be telling.

Top Bottom