Predict the Gopher MVP of the week - PSU

Reaction score
Who will it be? Who is going to lead us on an upset this week?

Here are my choices:

Offense - Tow Arnett goes off big time as PSU focuses on Decker

Defense - Surprise here...Royston. A big interception on an overthrow seals the game for the Gophers

Offense-Whaley, some more nice cutback runs, and big a nice 20 yarder for a score in the second half.

Defense-I'm calling big play Traye, he will just be at the right place at the right time again.

Gonna go with:

Offense/Special Forces - Troy Stoudemire, finally gets his return TD, and catches one too.

Defense - Garrett Brown, instrumental in shutting down Evan Royster getting 3 TFL and a sack.

mvps

Offense - Adam Lueck
Defense - Micheal Mckelton

I picked Penn State to win this game but that doesn't mean I am not wishing for the big upset. If there is going to be an upset... it has to start and end with Adam Weber. If the Gophers pull this off... we are going to pull open the paper on Sunday and read all about Weber's arrival party.

Offense= Whaley has a solid game as well as Decker
Defense= Campbell, Triplett

It's been years since we have pulled a big upset, we are due for a signature win, something we can build off for the coming years. We need to make sure we don't put Weber in any situations where he feels hurried, ie. last drive of the game vs. Wisconsin, or last years Northwestern game, I could go on and on. Most of these instances there was plenty of time to drive down the field and put points on the board, but this is where Weber reallly seems to struggle, when he has to make something happen.

I've been saying Stoudemire was due for weeks. If I keep saying it, I have to be right eventually, don't I?

If MN is going to pull the upset the defensive MVP HAS to be a Defensive lineman. HAS to be. Much along the lines of the Willie V. game LY vs. Illinois.

Offense: Weber -- I'm not confident about this pick but if the Gophs win Weber will have finally learned to effectively spread the ball around and throw the ball away when necessary. Stoudemire and Green will be finally join Decker as big contributors to the passing game.
Defense: Lee Campbell in his return home (sort of) goes off to beat up on his childhood favorite team.

The kamikazee special teams, as group MVP's.

Top Bottom