Predict Depth Chart for Next Season

Wasn't it a joyous thing to see McBrayer, Mason and Dorsey handle the fullcourt press with ease? These guys sliced and diced right through the long and athletic Terrapins. I LOVED not having to hold my breath as they inbounded the ball with a narrow lead in crunch time. So happy to see them notch this win and I believe their ball handling strength was one of the factors.
Exactly! It was fabulous to watch and experience, and to know that these guys are our future.

It will be a nice roster. Like Pitino has said, it is not so much who starts, but what sort of combinations that he can set up with this roster. There are many versatile players that will be switching up on the fly. Pitino likes to mix up defenses and offenses at will and he finally has a roster that can do that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't see a scenerio where Konate starts over Lynch, unless Bakary improves a ton over the summer.

I believe Konate can give us 10-15 minutes the next two seasons and be fairly close to BIG average. No way he can beat out Lynch.

I believe Konate can give us 10-15 minutes the next two seasons and be fairly close to BIG average.

IMO Konate is greatly undervalued. I think his improvement from last year to this year has been vast. If he continues his growth on this pace then he's going to have two very valuable seasons for the Gophers. If we didn't have him the other night against the big Maryland squad we could not have won that game. Let Lynch come in and rock n roll, that's fine, but BK is a nice piece of the puzzle going forward.

IMO Konate is greatly undervalued. I think his improvement from last year to this year has been vast. If he continues his growth on this pace then he's going to have two very valuable seasons for the Gophers. If we didn't have him the other night against the big Maryland squad we could not have won that game. Let Lynch come in and rock n roll, that's fine, but BK is a nice piece of the puzzle going forward.

Agreed. I am most impressed by BK's work ethic both in games and in warm-ups. The guys works hard. It is clear that he is still developing skills, but he is getting better. The one thing I worry about the most is he appears to be pretty slow afoot and that is something nearly impossible to improve. If he gets better at positioning himself to get shots he can make (i.e. close to the basket at predictable angles), he could be a very nice presence in the lane. His rebounding has improved considerably since the beginning of the season.

Top Bottom