Michigan St 5.5-1
Illinois 6.5-1
Wisconsin 9-1
Michigan 12-1
Minnesota 25-1
Northwestern 26-1
Indiana 62-1
Purdue 80-1

Ohio St. seems high to me even though they have won the BigTen 4 years in a row. I think they were 2-1 last year so I'm not sure how they moved up from that after losing so much talent on both sides of the ball.
I like Minnesota as a long shot. Returning almost all of our key players, adding new exciting talent, opening TCF, seems like a good time to bet on the long shot:cool02:
This year may be the toughest year to pick a bigten winner. The big teams all lost a ton of talent so they are a bit of a mystery. Can a team like Minnesota, NW, or Illinois crack into the top spot this year? I doubt it, but it should be a very competitive league.

I think that is a pretty steep hill for the Gophers to climb.
At tUOS and Penn State. Indiana and Michigan off the schedule.

I think that is a pretty steep hill for the Gophers to climb.
At tUOS and Penn State. Indiana and Michigan off the schedule.

Yeah, that's why he said "long shot". He's not claiming we'll win it all, just that at 25-1 it might not be that bad of odds. I think there's plenty of room to argue some of these, but I'll leave that up to someone else. I don't see how Wisconsin and Michigan can each have more than double the odds of winning the B10 than Minnesota does, but that's just me.

Anyone who thinks Indiana has a better chance of winning the Big 10 than Purdue doesn't know much about either team.

Ohio State 1.5-1
Penn State 2.5-1
Iowa 5.5-1
Michigan St 5.5-1
Illinois 6.5-1
Wisconsin 9-1
Michigan 12-1
Minnesota 25-1
Northwestern 26-1
Indiana 62-1
Purdue 80-1

Ohio St. seems high to me even though they have won the BigTen 4 years in a row. I think they were 2-1 last year so I'm not sure how they moved up from that after losing so much talent on both sides of the ball.
I like Minnesota as a long shot. Returning almost all of our key players, adding new exciting talent, opening TCF, seems like a good time to bet on the long shot:cool02:
This year may be the toughest year to pick a bigten winner. The big teams all lost a ton of talent so they are a bit of a mystery. Can a team like Minnesota, NW, or Illinois crack into the top spot this year? I doubt it, but it should be a very competitive league.

We have some good talent returning but are running an entirely new offense and it takes atleast a year before a QB is comfortable in a new offense and able to just react without having to think. This is what I see slowing us down this year more than anything as Weber has 3 different offenses and verbiage running through his head from his career.

Vegas

that's why he said "long shot". He's not claiming we'll win it all, just that at 25-1 it might not be that bad of odds.
Correct.
Anyone who thinks Indiana has a better chance of winning the Big 10 than Purdue doesn't know much about either team.
mnboiler, I am in the camp that thought Indiana should be slightly favored. I thought both teams were decimated talent wise and since Purdue has a new coach I would give the nod to IU....but not by much. Please explain why, I'm certainly no Purdue/IU expert.
I don't see how Wisconsin and Michigan can each have more than double the odds of winning the B10 than Minnesota does, but that's just me.
When vegas sets the odds they really take the national perception of the team into consideration. I think Wisky is about right at 9-1, but Michigan at 12-1 is a joke. Is Michigan going to finish higher than the Gophs? I'd say they are about even right now. That's why I think Minnesota is a good value to bet on.

I would probably bet something like this: $75 Penn St at 2.5, $35 Illinois at 6.5, $25 Wisky at 9-1, and $10 Minny at 25-1.

The reason I have Penn St instead of Ohio St is that they play in Happy Valley this year. I don't see the buckeye's coming out of there with a W. I also like Iowa's team this year but their road schedule is too nasty to bet on.

Yeah, that's why he said "long shot". He's not claiming we'll win it all, just that at 25-1 it might not be that bad of odds. I think there's plenty of room to argue some of these, but I'll leave that up to someone else. I don't see how Wisconsin and Michigan can each have more than double the odds of winning the B10 than Minnesota does, but that's just me.

Why the anger?
There was no shot at Minnesota there.
What is your problem?

Why the anger?
There was no shot at Minnesota there.
What is your problem?

I am not trying to argue with you, and I certainly wasn't angry. I was just saying realistically, I don't see WI being much, if any more talented than MN this year, yet they have significantly better odds. I can only see two reasons for this: The reasons GopherGod spelled out previously, and the $$. MN fans produce less bets than WI fans, so they have to give longer odds to swing the bets a little.

Yeah, that's why he said "long shot". He's not claiming we'll win it all, just that at 25-1 it might not be that bad of odds.

That sounds defensive and argumentative to me.

Yeah, that's why he said "long shot". He's not claiming we'll win it all, just that at 25-1 it might not be that bad of odds.

That sounds defensive and argumentative to me.

I think you have been spending too much time on the Badger boards if you find this defensive and argumentative.

I think you have been spending too much time on the Badger boards if you find this defensive and argumentative.

I don't think so.
If you look at my post, there was no MN sucks, Brewster's an idiot, you guys can't compete type of comment.
If anything, I am sympathizing with your tough schedule.
Anyone not named USC would have a tough road playing at PSU and tUOS and skipping a weak Indiana team and a probably still down Michigan.
The responding post was challenging in nature, and there was no need for that.

But honestly, who cares.
I was just making a neutral football observation. This is obviously not the place for that.

BTW, I am excited for your new stadium.
Good luck every week except Oct 3.

Top Bottom