Practice Facility!!!

ClemtheGemfan

Reaction score
Almost every post I've read on this post has some interesting points but at the end of the day it all comes down to this: We are expecting big things from coach Smith and his staff but we are expecting him to acheive those lofty goals at a disadvantage. For those who are frustrated by the lack of a couple of 5 star talent, Why would you think a 5 star talent would commit to a program with 3 star facilities? If the players want to get in any extra practice thay have to actually do it in Williams arena, this is not right. A practice facility would promote a stronger bond amung the players so they would be able to establish a pecking order themselves. What killed this season was lack of leadership amung the players. Forget loosing Al, Mo, and Devoe, Trevor, Ralph, Colton, Blake, or Rodney should have stepped up to the challenge and carried this team. There was no sence of urgency on the floor with this team and that type of leadership can't just come from the point guard position. The faster we get a decent practice facility, the faster we can get these kids in a situation where they can come together and bond as a team. A practice facility isn't just a "Tubby" request, it's a smart move to pull Gopher basketball up so we can compete on a level playing feild. It's a crying shame that most Mid-major pragrams have a practice facility and we, a member of one of THE prominant conferences don't.

......................Have you ever seen a classroom?

This thread is worthless. Lock it up.

Almost every post I've read on this post has some interesting points but at the end of the day it all comes down to this: We are expecting big things from coach Smith and his staff but we are expecting him to acheive those lofty goals at a disadvantage. For those who are frustrated by the lack of a couple of 5 star talent, Why would you think a 5 star talent would commit to a program with 3 star facilities? If the players want to get in any extra practice thay have to actually do it in Williams arena, this is not right. A practice facility would promote a stronger bond amung the players so they would be able to establish a pecking order themselves. What killed this season was lack of leadership amung the players. Forget loosing Al, Mo, and Devoe, Trevor, Ralph, Colton, Blake, or Rodney should have stepped up to the challenge and carried this team. There was no sence of urgency on the floor with this team and that type of leadership can't just come from the point guard position. The faster we get a decent practice facility, the faster we can get these kids in a situation where they can come together and bond as a team. A practice facility isn't just a "Tubby" request, it's a smart move to pull Gopher basketball up so we can compete on a level playing feild. It's a crying shame that most Mid-major pragrams have a practice facility and we, a member of one of THE prominant conferences don't.

Not going to happen. At Minnesota OR Northwestern - the only 2 B10 schools without one.

Cut a check

Not going to happen. At Minnesota OR Northwestern - the only 2 B10 schools without one.

I think we'll end up with a practice facility, but it's going to take awhile. If the economy didn't tank in '08, I believe there would be a shovel in the ground by now.

I think we'll end up with a practice facility, but it's going to take awhile. If the economy didn't tank in '08, I believe there would be a shovel in the ground by now.

I doubt it. The $ in just not there in Minnesota.

I doubt it. The $ in just not there in Minnesota.

False. A donor base can only give so much in a short period of time. I don't know if you are aware but we just opened a state of the art football season a couple of years ago. You also understand this a campus and university with two of the top college hockey rinks in the nation? This is Minnesota we have money (we're not the Kentucky) we are just a bit pensive about giving it away at times. Some people in this state even give vast amounts of money to things other than college athletics.

It is a lot easier to raise money when you are winning, not collapsing. Unless they come up with a megadonor, it will just take a while and a lot better year.

so smitty needs a new building to win, but refuses to make a single significant adjustment while watching his team lose game ater game. Geez, in a few of them he barely moved his butt out of his chair. Ga tech is in need and likely will go after someone else. Why is that? Uhhh...

It is a lot easier to raise money when you are winning, not collapsing. Unless they come up with a megadonor, it will just take a while and a lot better year.

Not going to happen. The Gophers are not going to have a basketball practice facility built.

False. A donor base can only give so much in a short period of time. I don't know if you are aware but we just opened a state of the art football season a couple of years ago. You also understand this a campus and university with two of the top college hockey rinks in the nation? This is Minnesota we have money (we're not the Kentucky) we are just a bit pensive about giving it away at times. Some people in this state even give vast amounts of money to things other than college athletics.

I said that myself. TCF Bank stadium took the $$$ away for a while.

Kentucky didn't have the $$$ either. Tubby convinced his friend from Tulsa (UK alum Joe Craft) to pitch in several million $ to build their. UK couldn't raise the $ for it.

Top Bottom