Practice #5

gophermartin

Reaction score
Practice #5 videos

I love the oklahoma drill. Edwards and Brown beat their men clean. For me is just awesome to see the hitting. Hope to see a lot of them in the backfield this year.

I'm not football practice savvy...What is the skill the OL is working on in that first drill on the 2nd video?

GM

Practice #5 videos

I'm not football practice savvy...What is the skill the OL is working on in that first drill on the 2nd video?

GM

They were working on their first steps for "zone" running plays. They need to step far enough laterally to not end up stepping on the bag (or whatever that is) in front of them.

Thanks for posting the link to those vids, btw...very cool to see some hitting as you pointed out!!!

staying low and getting an explosive first couple of steps. low man wins the battle most of the time, standing up too quick makes you easy to beat.

bingo Curseislefted

The other thing is level pads. From stance you should be level not tilted. If a player takes a four point stance his pads are low and level. The key when in a three point stance is to retain that pad level. And being consistent is key. Not tipping a pass by cocking a shoulder to the outside. That will be picked up in film study by the opposition in a heart beat.

Yet another is comming off the ball in unison.

"Hell of a play GB!" @ the end...

Awesome!

Edwards is going to be a dang good ball player.

Top Bottom