PP: Can freshman sensation Koi Perich also play offense?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Greder:

Fleck doesn’t want to establish an expectation that it will happen, but he told the Pioneer Press: “It’s definitely a possibility. I wouldn’t think twice. But, again, right now, it’s all about what he can handle. You put too much on a true freshman’s plate and then it’s the law of diminishing returns. He has got more on his plate than he did in Game 1. And he has been able to handle that. I think that is part of being able to spoon feed a true freshman."

Go Gophers!!

If Koi is a phenom then he needs to be on the field. Maybe PJ saw kids like Koi at Ohio State where they can afford to spoon-feed a true freshman but here; when we are starved for talent, I say get him into the gameplan early and often.

I don't see why he can't be like Hunter in Colorado.

I might feel a bit bad about abusing the kid to much before his pro career.

I don't know man....Hunter is a rare breed....to be able to play that many snaps at the level he does is pretty unreal.

I'm all for finding creative ways to use Koi but not sure I would push the offense thing, would rather see him become a defensive and special teams standout (probably already is on special teams) then build from there.

But exciting to see signs that he is going to live up to the hype and hopefully will stick around and become a legend here following in the footsteps of Antoine Winfield Jr., Tyler Nubin and others that have done really well in our secondary and gone on to the pros.

Because nobody in the county is quite like Hunter. For as great as Koi is and can be, Hunter is on a different level. There's a reason he has a great shot to win the Heisman.

Did you see that return?? dude looks like that next Cooper Dejean Taysom Hill type, and not just because he's white.
Let the big dawg eat.
Cooper DeJean is a great comp for Koi for a lot of reasons unrelated to skin color. Both have a very similar build, play in the secondary and seem to have elite punt return ability.

Bring him in a critical situation on offense that would confuse the defense perhaps and go from there. Perhaps start with this sort of thing in his sophomore year.

Top Bottom