Power Rankings: It’s time to believe in NU, Minnesota

Do the bowl assignments come out this week? Dang! Hate to just miss out on a BCS bowl game like this. :)

Tom Dienhart ranking. Top 3 are.

Ohio State, Northwestern and Minnesota. not a joke.
http://btn.com/2012/09/23/power-rankings-its-time-to-believe-in-nu-minnesota/

Tom’s Top 10: Best of the non-con season

7. Best coach: Jerry Kill, Minnesota – This looks like a three-man race between Penn State’s Bill O’Brien; Minnesota’s Jerry Kill; Northwestern’s Pat Fitzgerald. You also could make a case for Ohio State’s Urban Meyer. But Kill is my guy. Coming off a 3-9 debut in 2011, Kill has the Golden Gophers at 4-0 and thinking big as the program aims for its first bowl since 2009.

A little bold to me. But man, if our D keeps playing like they are, I don't think there is an O in the B1G that will give us that much trouble... they have all looked terrible at times.

OSU and N'W are clearly more impressive. But we are not better than MSU, Nebraska, or Michigan either... yet.

My reasoning: the schedule. If we had played Alabama or Notre Dame or UCLA (in Pasadena) at any point so far this season, we would not be 4-0.

What I do like is that we are visibly progressing each week, and that is a very good sign (especially since our entire season is one big progression of increasingly difficult opponents).

Purdue could play in the Big Ten title game this year regardless of OSU and PSU being ineligible. From what I've seen of the conference thus far they are as good as anyone at this point. Will it happen? I doubt it but thru 4 weeks they are easily top 3 in the conference.

We're not sleeping on Purdue, it's just easy to forget about them sometimes...

Top Bottom