6. Maryland
7. Michigan
8. Minnesota
9. Purdue
10. Michigan State
11. Illinois
12. Rutgers
13. Nebraska
14. Penn State (they probably aren't the worst but hard to put them anywhere else)

My hat's off to NW. Great rebound and very solid year for them overall.

Their championship game with Ohio State won't be any more competitive than Wisc was last year.

There is a pretty small gap between 6 and 14. Every one of those teams is capable of looking almost competent or outright shitting the bed each week.

My hat's off to NW. Great rebound and very solid year for them overall.

Their championship game with Ohio State won't be any more competitive than Wisc was last year.

I think you are likely right. Their D is very very legit though, and that's what it would take to spring the upset. Northwestern is 3 wins they should get and an upset of OSU away from the CFP. Now that's a 2020 surprise!

1) Ohio state
2) northwestern
3) Indiana
4) wisconsin
5) Iowa
6) Purdue
7) Minnesota
8) Maryland
9) Michigan
10) illinois
11) Rutgers
12) Michigan state
13) nebraska
14) penn state

3-9 all close if you actually looked at resume.

Each one has EXACTLY win against a team rated top 9 in my rankings.
So I rated those 7 based on my eye test RIGHT NOW and I have a strong anti-Maryland bias. I think people grossly overrate Indiana and Wisconsin because of wins against Michigan before people realize Michigan sucks. Indiana’s second “quality” win was against a penn state that is unanimously 14th.

Not sure anyone could debate 10-14 in that specific order at this point.

I haven’t yet decided if illinois is the worst of the mediocre or the best of the terrible.

Last edited:

Top Bottom