Postgame Press Conference after 76-67 win vs. North Dakota!

Gabe's shooting SHOULD be near the top of his worries. Can't give a guy shooting like that many minutes. Tre Williams should be getting more time.

Gabe's shooting SHOULD be near the top of his worries. Can't give a guy shooting like that many minutes. Tre Williams should be getting more time.
Either his shot is broken or his Fr year was one off. I agree on Tre. He needs more minutes.

Was Gabe a light's out shooter in high school? Yea, yea, I get it - college ball is different, faster, and guys are more athletic, but the ball is still the same size and the hoop the same diameter. How can you be a lights out shooter (assuming he was in high school), and then just forget how to shoot a basketball through the same hoop you've been shooting at your whole life. Hopefully Gabe figures it out, or time on the bench may be in order for him.

Was Gabe a light's out shooter in high school? Yea, yea, I get it - college ball is different, faster, and guys are more athletic, but the ball is still the same size and the hoop the same diameter. How can you be a lights out shooter (assuming he was in high school), and then just forget how to shoot a basketball through the same hoop you've been shooting at your whole life. Hopefully Gabe figures it out, or time on the bench may be in order for him.
All Gopher fans have been hoping he figures it out for a year now. Again last night his 3's were brutal, save one.

Could strength training have something to do with it? The muscles in his arms, chest, shoulders, etc. have probably gotten considerably stronger, vs when he was in high school and his freshman year, by going through the Gophers program.

I assume the ball is the same size/weight and the 3pt arc is roughly comparable in high school and college.

The 3 he drained, was much farther back from the line. Just an observation.

Could strength training have something to do with it? The muscles in his arms, chest, shoulders, etc. have probably gotten considerably stronger, vs when he was in high school and his freshman year, by going through the Gophers program.

I assume the ball is the same size/weight and the 3pt arc is roughly comparable in high school and college.

The 3 he drained, was much farther back from the line. Just an observation.
Um ... okay. Reminds me, the Gophers once had a goalie by the name of John Blue. He actually was pretty good but had a rough stretch. I'll never forget that he came up with the excuse that he was "too quick" and that was the reason for his play. You might be overthinking this--just like Gabe might be overthinking in a different way.

Um ... okay. Reminds me, the Gophers once had a goalie by the name of John Blue. He actually was pretty good but had a rough stretch. I'll never forget that he came up with the excuse that he was "too quick" and that was the reason for his play. You might be overthinking this--just like Gabe might be overthinking in a different way.

I love obscure Gopher references - I remember him, only because I attended school at DU for my first two years and he was the tender and started against my Pioneers - I was always curious about him since he was from Caly and I think he was one of the first handful on non-Minnesotans recruited to MN.

The reason I remember this so fondly, is that my college work study job was to clean the hockey arena (which consisted of light mopping after the game was over and drinking beer with the maintenance staff- the arena sold beer from kegs by the cup and they always managed to leave dozens of cups for us to drink) and turn on the sprinklers on the baseball field, the best job I ever have; not bad for a backup first sacker.

One of the few who still believe he find his way back.

Personally I don't like the physical expressions of the team. I realize this may be small in the scope of X and O, but it can suck the life out of a team if your not having a little bit of fun. I caught the on court smile Gach gave a teamate late in the game and it gives me hope.

Personally I don't like the physical expressions of the team. I realize this may be small in the scope of X and O, but it can suck the life out of a team if your not having a little bit of fun. I caught the on court smile Gach gave a teamate late in the game and it gives me hope.

Agreed and to me that's something that should improve over time as we build chemistry. I think it's very easy to forget that a huge chunk of this team is brand new. Friendships and trust on the court don't develop overnight.

Agreed and to me that's something that should improve over time as we build chemistry. I think it's very easy to forget that a huge chunk of this team is brand new. Friendships and trust on the court don't develop overnight.
A nice pre-season trip to Europe would have done wonders...

I'm pretty sure Omersa could make the same % of 3s as Kalesheur right now.

Lifting would only hurt if he is doing it before games. That's always a bad idea.

It's time for Pitino to move on and try switching Gabe to 6th man.

Top Bottom