[POST GAME THREAD] Minnesota defeats Maryland 31-10

Anyone else notice how quiet it is around here after we win compared to when we lose? There are a few that seem to only show up when things are bad.

This, plus when we lose, it's because we suck. When we win, it's because the other team sucks.

Besides winning the game the Gophs won the uniform battle and it wasn't close.

A contender puts up 40+ against this team no problem. OSU and Michigan is 60+. This offense has a long long ways to go to even think about being legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad we found a team whom the refs dislike more than us.

I thought Rhoda did fine, considering his WR'S were covered all day. I thought he did good for the most part throwing it away when no one was open, but probably should have done it a few more times. Couldn't tell if the one or two designed runs were bad reads or if he is just that slow/bad of a runner.

It was nice to see Tracy get angry on the sidelines today, sometimes a college coach needs to do that imo.

I'm here and happy.

Still frustrated gophers blew winnable games

A contender puts up 40+ against this team no problem. OSU and Michigan is 60+. This offensive has a long long ways to go to even think about being legit.

21 point win on the road (with a backup quarterback) in the big ten not enough, huh?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

Anyone else notice how quiet it is around here after we win compared to when we lose? There are a few that seem to only show up when things are bad.

We can be happy for a win, but Maryland lost by 24 points to Penn St last week. That took a little luster off the win, don't you think? If we would have lost, it likely would have sealed Claeys fate. A win over Maryland was expected by most fans before the season started.

We can be happy for a win, but Maryland lost by 24 points to Penn St last week. That took a little luster off the win, don't you think? If we would have lost, it likely would have sealed Claeys fate. A win over Maryland was expected by most fans before the season started.

Not talking about you and any of the other regulars that post here after wins and losses. Talking about the few that only appear to tell us Leidner/Claeys/the program is the worst in the history of the world after a loss, and are no where to be found after wins.

A contender puts up 40+ against this team no problem. OSU and Michigan is 60+. This offensive has a long long ways to go to even think about being legit.

Who cares? We don't play either. How much would we lose by against Alabama? That's equally relevant.

I think the difference between 30 and 40+ is not that big. As an example, if we had Mitch in today, maybe he would have been able to hit a big one on play action to Still, or Lingen down the center.

Not saying we don't need a bigger threat on the outside, just that we have the guys to put that many up against Maryland. We put 30 on em with a former walk on QB with no starts.

21 point win on the road (with a backup quarterback) in the big ten not enough, huh?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

Nope. Not if you want to actually compete against Wisconsin and Nebraska. Not if you ever want to win the Big Ten West. They were playing a true freshman back up QB! That Maryland team today absolutely sucked.

Just for comparison's sake, under Kill, the Gophers had 20+ point wins 6 times. They have 2 under Claeys. The Gophers also lost by 20+ points 11 times under Kill. As bad as last week was offensively, they were competitive. There's room to improve, but there's a lot of season left. Get to Nov. 12th with 3 more wins and you're a lot more confident heading to Lincoln.

Who was it that said we had no chance against maryland?. Still a good chance at 8 wins

Get Mitch back with Lingen with three weeks of winnable games and we could be at our best going into the final three games.

What's with the negativity? Granted our receivers couldn't get any separation, but a decisive victory in the B1G? On the road? With a totally untested QB? Geesh!

What's with the negativity? Granted our receivers couldn't get any separation, but a decisive victory in the B1G? On the road? With a totally untested QB? Geesh!

You don't get it. We're suppose to win 10 games this year. :).

Never mind Vegas had us in 6 wins.

conference road win what more needs be said - ok ill take a shot at the bums complaining 'you're the problem adjust your attitude'

Glass half full: Won a B1G game on the road with the backup QB starting. 4-2 overall with several very winnable games remaining on the schedule, giving the team a good shot at an 8-4 record, or maybe 9-3 if they can pull off one upset. (which would be a very good record for this program, considering historic performance over last 50 years).

Glass half empty: they p*ssed away the PSU and IA games. Team should be 6-0. They've blown their best chance in years for a 10-win season and a major bowl game.

And the funny thing is - both of those statements are true. It all depends on your point of view. Some people - show them a silver lining, and they look for the cloud.

At the start of today the PSU and IA games were done. The only thing we could control was MD and we did that. Stop bitching about past games and how we "could have" done this or that. Enjoy the ride and hope for the best each week.

At the start of today the PSU and IA games were done. The only thing we could control was MD and we did that. Stop bitching about past games and how we "could have" done this or that. Enjoy the ride and hope for the best each week.

:clap:
preach brother spoofin let's do the same thing to buttgers

Nope. Not if you want to actually compete against Wisconsin and Nebraska. Not if you ever want to win the Big Ten West. They were playing a true freshman back up QB! That Maryland team today absolutely sucked.

We played a walk-on who had about 5 snaps of live action. Seems like a wash. Which QB had no turnovers, a touchdown pass and won the game by a couple touchdowns?

Today's game has zero baring on head to head match ups with Nebraska or Wisconsin.

Conference road game upset. I'll take it.

But I gotta wait until midnight ET to watch the game :p

I think your definition of a "crappy" team is different than most. Solid win on the road vs a 4-1 big ten team with the 17th best recruiting class in the nation per the ESPN broadcast.

Top Bottom