Post Game: ESPN says Gophers scored 95 Austin w/27, Buggs w/13 Team 83% from FT line

Well it's a good thing we scored 90. lol

They gave up way to many easy, quick baskets in the closing minutes. Good thing they drained the free throws, or this would be one big b!tch fest right about now.

Disagree. First of all you don't play at this level without having talent. At the start of the season and into the start of conference play EE was one of our better players (he was putting up double doubles like it was nothing). When he plays with confidence he can be a force. Even though he's far from the best athlete on the team the kid has talent and will be an important player for us moving forward.

I'm not trying to slight EE, just trying to paint him as what he really is. He isn't skilled offensively nor is he a defensive force (he can be once in a while) and he is pretty clumsy. He gets by and is effective from time to time because he is tall and hustles with the best of them.

The reason the Gophers struggled isn't necessarily the ball pressure, in my opinion. When we're winning down the stretch, occasionally we attempt to run the clock out, and we just dribble out the shot clock until about 15 seconds left. Because we don't really have a guy who can create a shot on his own (besides li'l Dre who can sometimes struggle against shotblockers), it sometimes leads to stagnation or desperation and thus turnovers.

You guys did the same thing with Austin in the early Big Ten season. Guys go through slumps, and EE is in one of them now. I'm choosing to stick with him, as I did with Austin. EE will pick up his game back to where it was by the time the tournament season comes around.

You guys did the same thing with Austin in the early Big Ten season. Guys go through slumps, and EE is in one of them now. I'm choosing to stick with him, as I did with Austin. EE will pick up his game back to where it was by the time the tournament season comes around.

Exactly and there's hints of people doing the same with Malik. These guys just need a game like Austin had tonight to get going again. Eliason didn't get praise for no reason from Pitino. He sees the kid a lot more than any of us do. He'll be solid for us going forward.

Let's see if Austin is truly out of his funk. One game does not make a trend. If Austin can play half as good as he did tonight for the rest of the season and EE can stop fouling his way to the bench and avoid costly turnovers we'll be a hell of a hard team to beat.

I'm not trying to slight EE, just trying to paint him as what he really is. He isn't skilled offensively nor is he a defensive force (he can be once in a while) and he is pretty clumsy. He gets by and is effective from time to time because he is tall and hustles with the best of them.

I think you're selling him short a bit by saying he gets by because of how tall he is and because he hustles but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I just look at it like everyone on this team has flaws but they all have strengths that have contributed to getting them where they are today which is fighting for a spot in the tourney.

Not surprising that I've kept my ticket from last year's Indiana game, but I'm keeping tonight's ticket, too. What a fun night at the Barn. What a freakish, insane game! It makes for a really nice memory, a feel-good situation. This is a game I'll remember, especially if it helps spring us to a Tournament berth in Pitino's first season here. Even if it doesn't, the ticket goes in the memorabilia box.

Maximum effort and results

Austin's best game this year. Seriously 8-10, 4-6 on 3's, 7-7 ft, 4 reb, 4ass, just 2 to, and 2 stls. This may be 99% of his max.

Lil Dre dominating Iowa with his quickness and decision making.

Buggs getting playing time and playing lights out. Can he do this again? If he can play half this well in spot duty our team, especially on defense, is vastly improved. His length bothered Iowa. Why hasn't he played more?? He didn't look lost on either end either?

Glad to see Malik go 1-2 from 3, glad he only put up 2 of them, as he was 0-11 in last 3 games and forcing them.

95 points with that long of a field goal drought is pretty impressive. I can forgive the droughts if we put up 95.

Top Bottom