Post for Nine, BrianW and grunkjer

Go4

Reaction score
you guys are good football minds. you all were big brew guys. what do you think has happened to this program? are you happy with where we are in year 4? will brew get 'er done here long term? is the the guy we need?

i hope he's the guy but his supporters are very quiet.

You don't need to be a great football mind to answer that question....

The reality is that we can only guess what is happening behind closed doors. We see the results and are not happy with them, but we don't know what is happening.

What we know is that the team was not mentally ready for the game today, and it is on the coaches to make that happen. I would guess that the youth of the defense played a role, but that is not a valid excuse for today's outcome.

I was a Brew supporter as well, but that was almost entirely a function of his recruiting ability (which I still think is good). The talent level is up at this point. I truly believe that. Still, those young guys need to be ready to play the game. FCS or FBS, this was the home opener. I am surprised that a group of young guys could come out flat for their first ever home game.

I didn't get to watch the game today, but giving up that many points tells me that the defense played slow. I am guessing they were put in the right places but did not get there soon enough. Being prepared for the X's and O's of the game is only part of coaching, however. The other part is getting the team emotionally prepared for the game.

My estimation at this point is that Brewster is good at getting guys excited to be a part of the University of Minnesota football team, as evidenced by the increased talent level, but is not good at getting them to be at their best once they are here. That is why I am starting to think that a guy with a proven track record, at either the 1-A or 1-AA level, could come in here and do something special next year.

You don't need to be a great football mind to answer that question....

i agree, but those three have been around for a while and have been big brew guys so I'm curious if they still are.

Top Bottom