Post Bulletin's Feldy: "it's clear a new face of the program is needed."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Rochester Post-Bulletin:

PHERSY: Here's another issue, Feldy. This incident happened Sept. 2. It's December now. The incident was investigated thoroughly, as evidenced by the 80-page report. That IS due process, in my opinion, especially since "due process of law" isn't applicable regarding the university's investigation. So to say the boycott was about "due process" ... once again, these young men were misguided and didn't have a coach or mentor to point them in the right direction. And Feldy, you're right, this certainly isn't going to help attendance. I'm personally finding it harder and harder to support this program, and I love Gophers football. When it comes to Claeys, I already wasn't a supporter, so obviously I'm ready for the program to part ways with him and start over. Frankly, they should start over after this mess.

FELDY: If Claeys had coached this team to a 10-2 record and a bigger and better bowl game, maybe some of the criticism he and his program are receiving from fans would have lightened up and there could be some justification for retaining him. But the product on the field has turned off ticket holders and some boosters and corporate sponsors. That stuff matters in this day and age. It's missed revenue for the athletic department and the university. When all that is added together, it's clear a new face of the program is needed.

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...cle_a54f9510-2450-50e8-b6d1-d03871c09e3b.html

Go Gophers!!

per the Rochester Post-Bulletin:

PHERSY: Here's another issue, Feldy. This incident happened Sept. 2. It's December now. The incident was investigated thoroughly, as evidenced by the 80-page report. That IS due process, in my opinion, especially since "due process of law" isn't applicable regarding the university's investigation. So to say the boycott was about "due process" ... once again, these young men were misguided and didn't have a coach or mentor to point them in the right direction. And Feldy, you're right, this certainly isn't going to help attendance. I'm personally finding it harder and harder to support this program, and I love Gophers football. When it comes to Claeys, I already wasn't a supporter, so obviously I'm ready for the program to part ways with him and start over. Frankly, they should start over after this mess.

http://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...cle_a54f9510-2450-50e8-b6d1-d03871c09e3b.html

Go Gophers!!

100% agree with the bold and being out of state isn't an excuse, this goes down, you fly back immediately and start leading.

100% agree with the bold and being out of state isn't an excuse, this goes down, you fly back immediately and start leading.

And I am talking about guiding the non-offenders on how they would deal as a team with the offenders. I don't hold Claeys accountable for teaching the offenders not to run a train on a drunk girl or hang around while your friends do it. That's basic parenting.

And I am talking about guiding the non-offenders on how they would deal as a team with the offenders. I don't hold Claeys accountable for teaching the offenders not to run a train on a drunk girl or hang around while your friends do it. That's basic parenting.

Very true.

Look, these guys are spot on. As much as you might like Claeys, his tweet was shockingly irresponsible. For crying out loud, he's not a 19, 20, or 21 year old! If he stays on this team only gets worse and he's canned next year. It would probably be better if it happened next year due to timing and available candidates. Big test for the AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least we had an AD that was out in front of the issue and leading the charge. Otherwise, we'd really be in a fine mess.

It's not like all of these guys came from great upbringings. I'm not saying that to defend these guys, but what seems like common sense to most people might not be to people who came out of tough situations.

It's not like all of these guys came from great upbringings. I'm not saying that to defend these guys, but what seems like common sense to most people might not be to people who came out of tough situations.

Screen recruits for civility, behavior, records of discipline.

There was no "80 page report". There was a 100 page report. Any writer that doesn't even know that isn't worth listening to.

This is the dumbest thing I read today.

Thanks for that.

Writer's whole opinion is null and void because of the number of pages on a report. Thanks!

This is the dumbest thing I read today.

Thanks for that.

Writer's whole opinion is null and void because of the number of pages on a report. Thanks!

Ahhh, the troll pretends to be angry!

A post from 3 days ago huh? Probably had nothing to do with posting your post record tonight and calling you out as a troll huh? :D

Merry Christmas! It's usually a day for elves, but trolls should enjoy it too!

:drink:

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/member.php?6066-Face-The-Facts

Top Bottom