Post all transfer portal Gopher offers here please.

It seems like PJ tend to offer D2 players or players from smaller programs in the portal.

Every time I check Twitter, a D2 player received an offer from us.

The biggest fish from a small pond (best player from a D2 program) better than the big fish from the ocean (a 4⭐️ D1 player from a FBS program)?

It sounds like a solid philosophy. Go for the hard charger that dominates at a lower level (and was maybe overlooked or a late bloomer) instead of the formerly high profile HS player that underperformed in college.

It sounds like a solid philosophy. Go for the hard charger that dominates at a lower level (and was maybe overlooked or a late bloomer) instead of the formerly high profile HS player that underperformed in college.

Makes sense. Fleck and Company might have been burned before by coming in 2nd or 3rd on guys who chose a helmet school instead. Then why not try and get guys that may not be on the big schools radar?

Saw a reference that Rossi was in Lincoln interviewing Nebbie's stud, true Frosh LB Ernest Hausmann. That would be an interesting offer. Judging from what I read on the Nebbie Fan Forum during the year, Hausmann has great physical talent but still needs experience and seasoning as to position play, etc. He is only the fifth true Frosh linebacker to start for Nebraska in 30 years. Developing during the season, he had 10 tackles against Michigan and 12 tackles against Wisconsin; also six solo tackles and a fumble recovery in Nebraska's season finale victory against Iowa. I think he'd be a very good get and fit very well into the Rossi system. Assume we'll make an offer ... hope the kid takes it!
I was on the Nebraska fan forum site last evening (why do I still care about Nebraska now the SF is gone?). Posters on the site are absolutely incensed that Hausmann, a Nebraska native, has already taken an official transfer visit to Iowa! Apparently, Iowa is courting Hausmann (and a TE transfer from Michigan) very hard. And Nebraska hates Iowa even more than we hate Iowa. Don't know if the Gophers are among Hausmann's possible landing places. Hope Rossi made a good case and impression. This is a long-term, high-upside transfer for whomever lands the kid.

How many D2 guys have we offered? I can think of 1.
I think this is where it gets a bit murky in how one classifies FCS. Durfee is D2 and Higgins' Eastern Kentucky team plays FCS level. Same goes for the Abilene Christian guys being in an FCS conference.

I can't speak for those who ask the question, but they are likely wondering about who our FBS offers are. Players are players and you can find them at every level, so I am going to trust the guys assessing who to offer to find guys who can contribute. I think a lot of teams will be looking at players with a couple of years at experience at a lower level of competition who have excelled. It's not that much different from junior college transfers.

Top Bottom