Possible Schedule Changes for this Fall?

Nebraska moved off of MEA weekend kinda sucks as I was planning to go.

Nebraska vs. Northwestern in week zero. Toilet Bowl to open the season … ?

Just noticed Kill has to go to Wisconsin this year also.

Agree, the home/road mix is much better with this schedule. I would still prefer to not have Iowa/Wisconsin back to back though.

I can see your concern, but it also means the chances of the West being decided in the last two weeks are quite high

I think we'll go to the Michigan State game now - I like it better than November.

From the twitter post it was way more than a "tweak" more like a complete overhaul.

Neither here nor there, I am not sure why the dates of Conference games have to even be announced so many years in advance. Just do it like this year, early January. That's plenty of time to firm up travel arrangements and work up a slate attractive to the broadcast partners.

For instance, not sure what the point is of knowing the Gophers are scheduled to host the Illini on November 22, 2025. I'm thinking sloppy joes for a tailgate that day.

Not that it matters but that makes it a lot easier to rack up a really impressive record and ranking going into the last 2. If they play well 8-2 or better is doable and if they play like they did a few years ago they could be 10-0.

If things shape up right earlier that Iowa game could be like the 2019 Penn State game but much bigger.

Neither here nor there, I am not sure why the dates of Conference games have to even be announced so many years in advance. Just do it like this year, early January. That's plenty of time to firm up travel arrangements and work up a slate attractive to the broadcast partners.
Yes, I know that the Big 12 and Pac 12 only schedule out a year at a time. If there is anything positive that's come out of the last two years, it's that's we have learned to be flexible.

For instance, not sure what the point is of knowing the Gophers are scheduled to host the Illini on November 22, 2025. I'm thinking sloppy joes for a tailgate that day.
Pack you rain gear, forecast is 35 and drizzle.

Penn state also an option but it is a completely different animal in terms of road trip
Where do people fly into for PSU? Pittsburgh? Baltimore? I realize there's an airport in State College but I'm assuming those are pretty expensive flights.

Where do people fly into for PSU? Pittsburgh? Baltimore? I realize there's an airport in State College but I'm assuming those are pretty expensive flights.
I have flown into Pittsburgh and state college. Never flown into state college on a game weekend though

Pitt, Philly, Buffalo, DC

probably where you get the cheapest flight rental car combo

but if you’re flying in from that far away all of a sudden a road trip isn’t the same cost as it seemed initially.

I have flown into Pittsburgh and state college. Never flown into state college on a game weekend though

Pitt, Philly, Buffalo, DC

probably where you get the cheapest flight rental car combo

but if you’re flying in from that far away all of a sudden a road trip isn’t the same cost as it seemed initially.
DC and Baltimore are typically pretty cheap flights, not sure about Pitt or Buff.
We often take a family trip on MEA though, so will have to see what the family decides....

Not that it matters but that makes it a lot easier to rack up a really impressive record and ranking going into the last 2. If they play well 8-2 or better is doable and if they play like they did a few years ago they could be 10-0.

If things shape up right earlier that Iowa game could be like the 2019 Penn State game but much bigger.
Anybody else see it this way? I think this schedulde sets up nicely for PJ to change his best.

Having Iowa and Wisconsin to close the year is great but also sucks. Probably the two most "physical" games of the year. After Iowa, to turn around and go to Camp Randall, its going to be a slog. But I guess thats why its the B1G.

Having Iowa and Wisconsin to close the year is great but also sucks. Probably the two most "physical" games of the year. After Iowa, to turn around and go to Camp Randall, its going to be a slog. But I guess thats why its the B1G.

I think it's a pretty even round robin for MN/WI/IA to end the year.

Week 11
NW @ MN
IA @ WI

Week 12
IA @ MN
WI @ NE

Week 13
MN @ WI
NE @ IA

Purdue finishes with easier games IL/NW/IN with crossovers being PSU/MA/IN. 2022 could be their year.

Would be bigger to take Floyd back in Iowa S**tty, but still, yes. I have a good feeling about the swine this year.

Top Bottom