Possible Schedule Changes for this Fall?

If the article is correct, this will involve changes to the Gophers schedule as well since it has the Gophers playing at PSU October 22 when we are currently set to play at Nebraska.

Assume this will just involve some shuffling of dates. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Assume this will just involve some shuffling of dates. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.
Shuffling out dates and I think balancing out some home road for some teams that had an imbalance in 2020

I'd prefer this too. Might actually be able to go to State College if it's not the weekend before Thanksgiving

Sounds like Nebraska will go to Purdue and Host Wisconsin.

Minnesota has no repeat crossover games so this might have a lesser effect.

From Penn State's reshuffle, it looks like some games changed order (Minnesota - Penn St is now in late October) and they may also be deleting repeat crossovers (Penn St is not playing Illinois back to back and is instead playing Northwestern)

Perhaps the conference felt regulation + 9 OT was enough Illinois / Penn State to last us all a decade.

It might just be the order of games for the U. It's been a couple years since the Gophers played Rutgers or Penn State, and 3 years since the last MSU tilt.

Don't they plan the crossover games years in advance to make sure they are fair? I don't understand why they're changing them, but if it ends up breaking up the clump of home games I'll take it. 2020 was a weird enough season it shouldn't factor into future plans.

Don't they plan the crossover games years in advance to make sure they are fair? I don't understand why they're changing them, but if it ends up breaking up the clump of home games I'll take it. 2020 was a weird enough season it shouldn't factor into future plans.
The Covid year broke the schedule and they reworked it for this past year and apparently just want to keep forming with it.

Our schedule is ridiculous and needs to be changed.
I think even though you are right the university might actually be okay with it. Unless it is against wisconsin or Iowa generally bigger crowds in September and October than in November unless it is a huge game

maybe I’m wrong. I have no idea on attendance but that’s the way it feels in terms of people in stadium

I think even though you are right the university might actually be okay with it. Unless it is against wisconsin or Iowa generally bigger crowds in September and October than in November unless it is a huge game

maybe I’m wrong. I have no idea on attendance but that’s the way it feels in terms of people in stadium
I definitely prefer the warmer games. Not that the cold keeps me away, but if I had a preference it would be for warmer games. I'm sure many other fans are like-minded.

yes, but this iteration is WAY better not having 4 of our last 5 on the road. Plus, starting at Michigan State will be interesting.

Agree, the home/road mix is much better with this schedule. I would still prefer to not have Iowa/Wisconsin back to back though.

Top Bottom