Possible new coach candidate?

Brent4Liberty

Reaction score
If Steve Sarkisian gets treatment and comes out a new man, would he be someone the Gophers should take a chance on or do you think he's not squeaky clean enough for ski u mah?

Also would he be able to get his type of guys to come to Mpls?

Just an idea I had since he was originally good enough for USC before his drinking problems ft him fired..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, considering the Norwood situation, no.
Sark will coach again, but he'll have to work his way up at a much smaller school a la Bobby Petrino.

With the recent issues in the Athletic Department, Kaler will make sure it is someone squeaky clean. He cannot afford another scandal and hope to keep his job.

With the recent issues in the Athletic Department, Kaler will make sure it is someone squeaky clean. He cannot afford another scandal and hope to keep his job.

He may have had enough already. Serious questions about the ship he's running up there.

Thank God Gophers fans aren't making this decision. Kiffin, Sarkisian, Calhoun, etc. just terrible choices.

Well, Hazelden is only an hour's drive from the U campus.

Can't afford the possibility of bad PR. As mentioned, the president of the university is walking on thin ice already; any missteps with a hire now would be the death knell.

I do think, if Sark gets and stays sober, he will be a hell of a coach. Just not for us, not right now.

Alcoholism is a lifetime deal. You don't just come out fixed.

I'm not sure Steve, even with treatment..... should be in as high a stress job as HC right out of treatment.

Alcoholism is a lifetime deal. You don't just come out fixed.

I'm not sure Steve, even with treatment..... should be in as high a stress job as HC right out of treatment.

I bring up Zimmern again, because, while he did not end up in a high visibility job, he did work his way up to one of the highest pressure jobs out there; executive chef at one of the Twin Cities' best restaurants. I don't think that would have been possible in a lot of other locales.

While right now and in the next 4-5 years, head coach might not be the best position for Sark, the Twin Cities might be the best place for him to continue in the coaching profession.

I bring up Zimmern again, because, while he did not end up in a high visibility job, he did work his way up to one of the highest pressure jobs out there; executive chef at one of the Twin Cities' best restaurants. I don't think that would have been possible in a lot of other locales.

While right now and in the next 4-5 years, head coach might not be the best position for Sark, the Twin Cities might be the best place for him to continue in the coaching profession.

Yeah working his way up would make more sense to me. He would need some support.

Dude's family also fell apart too.... hard to know how stable a support system he has.

My guess is his next job will be as an assistant. It's much easier to take a chance with him as an assistant than the head coach.

It's a shame Levine didn't become the next big thing. With the respect Tom Herman is getting around the country, I don't think people would buy...well it's with the players Levine recruited. Herman may be that good.

Thank God Gophers fans aren't making this decision. Kiffin, Sarkisian, Calhoun, etc. just terrible choices.

Throw in the Navy coach suggestion and those threads are usually started by someone making their first couple of posts or rarely posts (Kiffen thread). Odd.

Throw in the Navy coach suggestion and those threads are usually started by someone making their first couple of posts or rarely posts (Kiffen thread). Odd.

I'd much rather have the Navy coach than any of those guys.

I'm very disappointed Tony Dungy isn't getting more support.

I'm very disappointed Tony Dungy isn't getting more support.

Does he want it?

He's been doing his preacher thing for a while. I'm sure he's had offers. He seemed upset at the U the last time because they didn't interview someone he wanted them to interview.

Does he want it?

Yeah, let's be clear - if Dungy calls up with interest in the job, the search is over and he's hired.

But he won't do that. He isn't interested. Of course we should call and ask, but there's a better chance that Brew is coming back than Dungy being the next Gopher coach.

These threads about Sarkisian and Kiffin are why other schools laugh at our fans :(

These threads about Sarkisian and Kiffin are why other schools laugh at our fans :(

I'm assuming you've never been to any other team's message boards.

Also, most of the time threads like those are not started by regular contributors to the board.

I'm assuming you've never been to any other team's message boards.

Also, most of the time threads like those are not started by regular contributors to the board.

Nebraska fan forums..... you can't even say some **** without fearing for your life.

Those guys are experts on EVERYTHING and the 1990s are just one hire away.

Gus Bradley. The Jaguars coach. when he gets fired at the end of the year, he'll be available. He's from Minnesota. Obviously has NFL street cred recruits like to see..... he's my outside the box dark horse.

Gus Bradley. The Jaguars coach. when he gets fired at the end of the year, he'll be available. He's from Minnesota. Obviously has NFL street cred recruits like to see..... he's my outside the box dark horse.

Well that is out of the box. I'd personally like to see a bit more college head coaching stuff or higher level program college stuff on there but ... he's out of the box and interesting for sure.

Not sure if his NFL cred is kinda tarnished by the Jaguars just not being good at football.

I think Mike Hohensee would be the most logic choice for the next head coach. He played quarterback here under Salem. He has 158 wins in professional football and has won an arena league super bowl. Not many coaches have accomplished this feat.

I'd give the position to Hohensee in a heart beat if he wants it.

Gopher fans are funny. Even looking beyond all of Sark's issues, what pary of his resume would warrant us hiring him as head coach?

How about Jedd Fisch? Guy knows MN and knows the challenges of being here. He's with Michigan now so he knows the B1G. Can't hurt to talk to him while he's town over the weekend. It would be a kill shot of a head coaching hire.

How about Jedd Fisch? Guy knows MN and knows the challenges of being here. He's with Michigan now so he knows the B1G. Can't hurt to talk to him while he's town over the weekend. It would be a kill shot of a head coaching hire.

Head coach? He wasn't even a very good coordinator.

Only if Fisch is a package deal with Tim Davis as running game coordinator. Remember that first drive against Kansas?!?!?!

Gopher fans are funny. Even looking beyond all of Sark's issues, what pary of his resume would warrant us hiring him as head coach?

And entertaining. Post Tony Dungy to be a smart ass and people opine seriously. Now I have to figure out if the Mike Hohensee guy is serious or being a smart ass. I don't know how people who aren't retired can keep up with GH.

And entertaining. Post Tony Dungy to be a smart ass and people opine seriously. Now I have to figure out if the Mike Hohensee guy is serious or being a smart ass. I don't know how people who aren't retired can keep up with GH.

Yeah, I'm giving up on the smart ass thing. I posted some nonsense about Mike and Bud Grant and got some guy pointing out that Mike was a HIGH school coach.

Top Bottom