Position Changes??

DL65

Reaction score
Spring practice is but a few weeks away and the spring game a little more than a month.

What position changes, if any, are in the offing? Guesses or inside information are welcome.

What units or positions are you focusing on and want to see dramatic improvement?

Go Gophers!!

Sid had some info on this a couple of weeks ago. Nothing major, but I thought one of last years Frosh WR's was getting looks at Corner. Maybe McNight or Smith? This would make sense with our depth at WR and lack there of at DB. I could be mistaken, but we'll see at the spring game.

A couple of questions along with your initial inquiry: How much PT will Kuznia get? Would any of the RB's be canidates for position changes? Who and what position?

How much will we see the Horse?

In the I at fullback?

Sid had some info on this a couple of weeks ago. Nothing major, but I thought one of last years Frosh WR's was getting looks at Corner. Maybe McNight or Smith? This would make sense with our depth at WR and lack there of at DB. I could be mistaken, but we'll see at the spring game.

A couple of questions along with your initial inquiry: How much PT will Kuznia get? Would any of the RB's be canidates for position changes? Who and what position?

Sid said they were going to look at McKnight at safety.

Kuznia doesn't strike me as having the athleticism for a change of position. I think we have better options at DB and he doesn't have the size for other positions.

Some of the RB's could potentially make a move to DB but I don't think they'll make the move until fall because it is still a fairly open competition for RB.

If the question is how much playing time will Kuznia get, I'm thinking about the same. He's a great 3rd (possession) reciever. I think the rotation will involve more of the speed WR's. So really while ranking him fairly low in athletic ability he may end up with the 2nd most receptions for a WR again.

Dang it, I thought this was the Weber to TE thread... :rolleyes:

Dang it, I thought this was the Weber to TE thread... :rolleyes:

I agree, let's put one of the conferences better QB's at a position where he won't ever play. Then let's replace him with a kid that struggled to qualify (making it easy to learn a brand new offense) or an 18 year old kid who won, oh I don't know, only a handful of games in 4 years of high school.

Better yet, let's convince Srpy to come back and have him play quarterback.

Kuznia is a "great" third receiver?:clap:

Kuznia is fine, and he tries, but lets not get carried away.

I think you'll find Kuznia does quite well this year. There are skills needed beyond speed. He has proven he possesses skills that are tough to aquire. All I'm saying is more often than not you need the sure hands more than the foot speed. I have a feeling as a second or third option Weber is very confident in throwing to Kuznia, and I think the coaches know that. So luv on the new speedsters all you want, they deserve it, but sure hands and tight routes are going to be on the field even if never as a primary target. In the end it's not about measurables it's about results. So you can shove your emoticon up your ass.

In regards to football ability, "Great" and "Kuznia" will never be used in the same sentence unless Kuznia joins an adult rec league after his college career. Like I said, he's fine - that's it. On a good offense he is a fourth or fifth receiver.

6-6 = (among other things) Kuznia as a 2nd or third option.

Top Bottom