POLL: Will UST have a better KenPom ranking than our Gophs at all during the 2022-23 season?

Will UST have a better KenPom ranking than our Gophs at all during the 2022-23 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think a single person expects him to transfer to MN. But if a kid from Milwaukee has the chance to go from UST to a B1G program close to home, he's likely doing it.
He has played himself into a situation where I wouldn't be shocked if some of the bigger guns come calling.

At a minimum, he is an athletic guy who is a good shooter and isn't a complete stiff. I think he could get minutes on most teams in the country.

I like his game. Plays hard. Loves to guard the other teams best guy. He is not ready yet. 30% from three… needs to shoot better.. scores a lot of points in the paint backing down guards uses a jump hook real nice and his left as well., backing down Summit guards methodically ain’t going to happen in the BIG 10… he is not backing down a Hoggard or Bufkin type guard’s different strength and athleticism… UST will let him go one on one and he will dribble 4-5 times backing his guy… don’t see that happening at the same rate.. Unselfish, good passer, good free throw shooter. Rumor has been there since November… should be interesting to see what happens.. IF he does move on it will also be interesting to see how he scores currently can translate to Power 5 ball

I like his game. Plays hard. Loves to guard the other teams best guy. He is not ready yet. 30% from three… needs to shoot better.. scores a lot of points in the paint backing down guards uses a jump hook real nice and his left as well., backing down Summit guards methodically ain’t going to happen in the BIG 10… he is not backing down a Hoggard or Bufkin type guard’s different strength and athleticism… UST will let him go one on one and he will dribble 4-5 times backing his guy… don’t see that happening at the same rate.. Unselfish, good passer, good free throw shooter. Rumor has been there since November… should be interesting to see what happens.. IF he does move on it will also be interesting to see how he scores currently can translate to Power 5 ball
It's also one of those things that's easy to speculate on without any substance. He's a freshman tearing it up at a lower level at a school that can't even go to the tournament. I know nothing about him as a person/background, but yeah, that makes sense that he MIGHT look to go elsewhere.
It's like saying "a little birdie told me that the Colts will be drafting a Young or Stroud in the draft". Yep, it makes perfect sense. It's essentially the Doogie version of rumors.

That said, there could absolutely be some fuel for this and I agree with you that he should push it another season. Add another season of being "the man" at a lower level and he could end up at UK, Duke, etc.

But you brought up a good point, his style would absolutely need to change. He bullies people by often being the best athlete on the court. That won't be the case at an upper level. But I also think his shooting improves at a higher level because a higher percentage of his shots will be off of ball movement. Right now, he shoots the ball quite a bit off the bounce.

But we'll see. I thought he was a good player at the beginning of the year but he has already grown leaps and bounds.

No insider information on my end but I just want to say I don’t like the way we are replacing the word transfer with “portal”

Guys transfer.
The portal is a mechanism to transfer.

You go to a car dealership to buy a car. Not, “to dealership”

Shon Morris on the UST game last night.

+10.5 against Oral Roberts tonight

Shon Morris on the UST game last night.

+10.5 against Oral Roberts tonight
It will be a fun game to watch. UST has played them tuff. It was close at home and like a 12 point game on the road. I’d take UAT + 10.5 on a neutral court.

Oral Roberts plays a nice brand of basketball.

Everyone and their mother knows that the Gophers are made for tournaments. No reason they can't rattle off 5 straight wins and improve this ranking.
Built for a one-and-done? Rattling off five in a row is something no CBJ coached team has done, ever. There is no amount of unfounded praise and projected wish fulfillment that can get this team to 5 wins in the B1G Conference. The talent pool ahead of them is too great. Also after, two or three wins, B1G Coaches will pay attention and they can coach well enough to use their talent to exploit Gophers weakness and shut them down.

Built for a one-and-done? Rattling off five in a row is something no CBJ coached team has done, ever. There is no amount of unfounded praise and projected wish fulfillment that can get this team to 5 wins in the B1G Conference. The talent pool ahead of them is too great. Also after, two or three wins, B1G Coaches will pay attention and they can coach well enough to use their talent to exploit Gophers weakness and shut them down.

I’m not sure how to make my posts more sarcastic. Thanks.

Losing out on that Alcorn St game might hurt us on this one 😅

St Thomas is at 195 with a 17-14 record. 14 were quad 4 wins and 3 were quad 3 wins

Minnesota is at 218 with a 9-21 record. 5 were quad 4 wins, 1 was quad 3, 2 were quad 2 and 1 was quad 1.

I was impressed with St Thomas at Summit tourney I watched how they interacted with coaches & fans that made the trip
Rhode is next level and if Blue/Ahjany can step up next year they will be tough as nails

They need Bjorklund to come back
I thought he was done? He was was always introduced in pregame intros as a grad student.

I’ve been told Brooks Allen is likely to return for his COVID year. I think next season is the last one where guys will have option of using COVID year?

I thought he was done? He was was always introduced in pregame intros as a grad student.

I’ve been told Brooks Allen is likely to return for his COVID year. I think next season is the last one where guys will have option of using COVID year?
Bjorklund has 1 more year of eligibility…he just has to determine if he wants to continue playing college basketball.

They need his depth while they get some beef

Bjorklund has 1 more year of eligibility…he just has to determine if he wants to continue playing college basketball.

They need his depth while they get some beef
If they bring everybody back (Rohde being the big question mark), UST might be the league favorite next season. NDSU has quite a bit coming back as well, but Grant Nelson decision will be key, obviously.

🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Top Bottom