POLL: Will UST have a better KenPom ranking than our Gophs at all during the 2022-23 season?

Will UST have a better KenPom ranking than our Gophs at all during the 2022-23 season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wet_Blanket_Guy

Reaction score
As of today, Gophers 177 and UST 204

Extra data points:
-South Dakota state is the highest ranked Summit League school @ 196

-Nebraska is closest B10 school @84

A St. Thomas KenPom ranking above the gophers this year would say more about KenPom than it does about the gophs. In a head to head match up Gophers would be favored by 10+ points.

Why bother maintaining the pretense by calling them "our" Gophs?

Fraud

Why bother maintaining the pretense by calling them "our" Gophs?

Fraud
When I get home, I’ll snap a photo of the gopher hoop in my back yard. Been a fan my whole life, just sick of the terrible basketball, lack of expectations, and poor roster construction.

I also attended UST - even though I’m a lifelong gopher fan (since they were the State’s D1 team…I also root for UMD basketball at the d2 level)…hopefully that’s allowed.

I think the fear should be 15 years down the road, UST may be a growing power.

When I get home, I’ll snap a photo of the gopher hoop in my back yard. Been a fan my whole life, just sick of the terrible basketball, lack of expectations, and poor roster construction.

I also attended UST - even though I’m a lifelong gopher fan (since they were the State’s D1 team…I also root for UMD basketball at the d2 level)…hopefully that’s allowed.

I think the fear should be 15 years down the road, UST may be a growing power.
"Objects in your mirror are closer than they appear."

Yeah, Coyle had to move to protect his stake similar to WI canning Chryst. Coyle pulled a boner

Gun to your head, would you give 10 points and take the Gophers in that game?
I have an interesting poll question: How many people have had someone they didn't know put a gun to their head?
I'll start...I have...in the alley behind Moby Dick's about 2am. "Gimme all your money" "You can have my newspaper, I spent my only quarter on it at Shinders." Kept walking and praying. Went to the Venice Cafe and had spaghetti with a dozen cops. (You guys already know I ain't too bright sometimes) Gotta be at the top of my 10 dumbest things I ever did. I was hungry.

And the second time with Bob holding the gun....no, I'm not giving 10 and taking the Gophers vs St Thomas.

I have an interesting poll question: How many people have had someone they didn't know put a gun to their head?
I'll start...I have...in the alley behind Moby Dick's about 2am. "Gimme all your money" "You can have my newspaper, I spent my only quarter on it at Shinders." Kept walking and praying. Went to the Venice Cafe and had spaghetti with a dozen cops. (You guys already know I ain't too bright sometimes) Gotta be at the top of my 10 dumbest things I ever did. I was hungry.

And the second time with Bob holding the gun....no, I'm not giving 10 and taking the Gophers vs St Thomas.
Would it have been better if you knew the person?

It's a good thing the poll specified KenPom because UST is already ahead of the Gophers on T-rank...

And by the way, the *opening* Vegas lines are suspiciously close to what these analytics sites pump out - people were surprised by Michigan only being favored by 7 when they played the gophs a couple weeks ago and that was exactly what these sites were predicting at the time. So the spread with UST would be far less than some are thinking.

I emphasized the word *opening* because the lines move based on where the bets are going.

I voted no and assumed I would be in the majority. Interesting poll results.
Same here. It's amazing what strength of schedule does for your analytics, so I expect that to help the Gophs and hurt the Tommies in their respective conference seasons. That said, if the Gophers don't win many or any conference games... 😬

Depends how psycho I knew my "friend" was but in general I think you'd have better insight to what to say to stay alive, yes.
Not to derail the thread, but I think you'd have a better chance to live if it's a random than someone you know. If someone you know has a gun to your head, it's likely in the heat of passion or some sort of mental breakdown. If random does, he's probably robbing ya.

Not to derail the thread, but I think you'd have a better chance to live if it's a random than someone you know. If someone you know has a gun to your head, it's likely in the heat of passion or some sort of mental breakdown. If random does, he's probably robbing ya.
So you think a random person offers me a better chance to stay alive?

Yup, my first thought was an angry girlfriend/wife, in which case I'm likely dead. I agree with your conclusion. But then there is the ego part that says with insight I could talk them off the ledge.

And, I did buy and read Never Split the Difference, Negotiate as If Your Life Depended on It. :)

So you think a random person offers me a better chance to stay alive?

Yup, my first thought was an angry girlfriend/wife, in which case I'm likely dead. I agree with your conclusion. But then there is the ego part that says with insight I could talk them off the ledge.

And, I did buy and read Never Split the Difference, Negotiate as If Your Life Depended on It. :)
Yeah, probably.

I think the random person wants the wallet and they'll be on their way (more than likely). I think the person who knows you might not. It's less of a "business" transaction with the person who knows you.

UST is a really nice program this year and could win the Summit (Oral Roberts looks like the favorite). I think they are better than MN as a team at this point. Nice sweep of UND and NDSU this week to start 2-0 in Summit.

UST is a really nice program this year and could win the Summit (Oral Roberts looks like the favorite). I think they are better than MN as a team at this point. Nice sweep of UND and NDSU this week to start 2-0 in Summit.
How much does the UST coach make? Is he smart or well spoken? I just googled him he would be labeled smart.

If we play like shit against Chicago State, I could see this getting under 10 spots by the end of the day. Currently:

Minnesota 181
St. Thomas 198

If we play like shit against Chicago State, I could see this getting under 10 spots by the end of the day. Currently:

Minnesota 181
St. Thomas 198
No thanks. I don't need daily updates on our KenPom ranking.

I didn't need it in Clem's first 2 years, and I don't need it now.

Top Bottom