POLL: Will the Gophers pull an upset this year in the Big Ten?

Will the Gophers pull a Big Ten Upset Win this year?

• No, they will lose all 5 of these games

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Gophers will beat Iowa

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Gophers will beat Michigan

Votes: 28 31.1%
  • Gophers will beat USC

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Gophers will beat Penn State

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Gophers will beat Wisconsin

Votes: 54 60.0%

• Total voters
Looking at the schedule this is how I see it:

Games Gophers will be favored:
Nevada
UCLA
Maryland
Rutgers

Dog Games:
Michigan
USC
Illinois
Penn State

You can throw the records out when these teams get together!

Wisconsin
Iowa

Things are going to change during the season and some of these point spreads will most likely be different. I don’t see a single game with no hope for victory! But I also don’t see a single game we will win for certain.

Hope for the best and pray for team health is all you can do.

Can someone tell me why beating wisconsin, even in Camp Randall, would be an upset?

The two teams have been broadly equal for 5-6 years now, both head-to-head and overall.

According to things like Vegas rankings and predictive models Minnesota is slightly better so far.

Can we really say this? After getting absolutely manhandled and finding every way to make fools of ourselves for 15 years prior to some more recent parity? Every year they look bad we find ways to look equally bad or worse.

Maybe we will get some clarity on us being good or them being bad with some conference play but they've earned the benefit of the doubt by consistently being better than us over the last 25 years. For a game at WI, and with the little we know about the current squads, yeah would still be an upset.

Top Bottom