Poll: How would you grade the Gophers coaching in the loss to Iowa?

Poll: How would you grade the Gophers coaching in the loss to Iowa?

• A

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • B

Votes: 26 13.8%
  • C

Votes: 37 19.7%
  • D

Votes: 59 31.4%
  • F

Votes: 57 30.3%

• Total voters
You are not going to get your wish so you may as well move on and find something else to follow.
Oh yes, someone encouraging Gopher fans to take their passion elsewhere. I forgot, we have so many fans and a long waiting list for tickets that we don’t need passionate fans who see things differently than we do.

What a dumb take. Almost as dumb as putting a profession in a user name.

How do you know who works in venture capital? He is the person telling everyone he works in venture capital.

Oh yes, someone encouraging Gopher fans to take their passion elsewhere. I forgot, we have so many fans and a long waiting list for tickets that we don’t need passionate fans who see things differently than we do.

How do you know who works in venture capital? He is the person telling everyone he works in venture capital.

Your thoughts on these issues have been abundantly clear to even the most casual of observers.

Your thoughts on these issues have been abundantly clear to even the most casual of observers.
Nobody on here is casual. We follow Gopher football to the point we feel compelled to read and/or post on a message board.

But all the name calling just because someone had a different view on the direction of the program?

I caught the same flack a few years before Mason was let go. Hope I am wrong, but see the same direction here. Except in this case it isn’t because the coach doesn’t want to be here, it’s because he just doesn’t learn/appears to be insane (using the Einstein definition).

Last edited:

What were Petras stats before the game?
Very poor, meaning ten previous opponents game planned to take away the hallmark Iowa reliance on tight ends, something known about as long as Ferentz has been there.

Very poor, meaning ten previous opponents game planned to take away the hallmark Iowa reliance on tight ends, something known about as long as Ferentz has been there.
If they were trying to take away the run and trying to make them beat us through the air they make Petras look like a #1 NFL draft pick.

You should go away. The university won’t miss your attitude or the money you don’t spend at the games

Nobody on here is casual. We follow Gopher football to the point we feel compelled to read and/or post on a message board.

But all the name calling just because someone had a different view on the direction of the program?

I caught the same flack a few years before Mason was let go. Hope I am wrong, but see the same direction here. Except in this case it isn’t because the coach doesn’t want to be here, it’s because he just doesn’t learn/appears to be insane (using the Einstein definition).
Unknown-2.jpeg

For me there is much to like about this season. Many of the players have been outstanding, tireless warriors. I have nothing but respect for the players in this team. They are marvelous.

My disappointment with the season goes to coaching. In the key toss-up opponent games, we start so slowly and deliberately on offense (while the opposing defense is most vulnerable, still getting its bearings) because we never try to surprise opponents—we just let their offenses surprise us. We just do on offense exactly what our opponents expect us to do.

Afterwards, we dissect specific plays and failed opportunities occurring at the end of a hard-fought game as the reason for our losses to Purdue, Illinois and Iowa. But we should actually look back to our spotting each of Purdue, Illinois and Iowa 10 point leads in the first couple of drives (because of poor opening game offensive play calling on our part) as the real reason for our losses in toss-up games.
To your point about starting games fast and unpredictable, the Gophs did just that at MSU and lit them up. That was the last time it happened. It’s so odd.

The coach you want fired isn't going to be fired anytime soon so if you want to waste your time being frustrated following a program that is led by someone you can't stand so be it.

lol at the Venture Capital declaration.....not even remotely close to correct.....

The coach you want fired isn't going to be fired anytime soon so if you want to waste your time being frustrated following a program that is led by someone you can't stand so be it.

lol at the Venture Capital declaration.....not even remotely close to correct.....
Did you say the same thing to people wanting to move on from Brewster?

I get we aren’t moving on from him this year, and will likely hold onto him a few years too long. That’s what we do. Wisconsin acts very decisively. Hopefully I am wrong and he turns it around, but appears we peaked in 2019 and our coach is too stubborn to learn.

Now in 2022, we pass more than the service academies and the two teams from New Mexico. Seems much like 2021. All while playing most of the year with a 6th year QB.

Kicking the field goal on 4th and 1? I mean….

Did you say the same thing to people wanting to move on from Brewster?

I get we aren’t moving on from him this year, and will likely hold onto him a few years too long. That’s what we do. Wisconsin acts very decisively. Hopefully I am wrong and he turns it around, but appears we peaked in 2019 and our coach is too stubborn to learn.

Now in 2022, we pass more than the service academies and the two teams from New Mexico. Seems much like 2021. All while playing most of the year with a 6th year QB.

Kicking the field goal on 4th and 1? I mean….
Brewster was a trainwreck, in over his head from day one and should never have been hired as a head coach. The situation at the end of Brewster's time here is nothing like what is going on under Fleck so comparing the two is stupid.

As for the Wisconsin acts decisively thing....really? They canned a very successful coach and it fully remains to be seen if that was a good move or not. Prior to Chryst, Anderson left on his own, Bielema left on his own, and of course there was Alvarez's long run. Not like they have this massive track record of knowing when to move on from coaches.

Brewster was a trainwreck, in over his head from day one and should never have been hired as a head coach. The situation at the end of Brewster's time here is nothing like what is going on under Fleck so comparing the two is stupid.

As for the Wisconsin acts decisively thing....really? They canned a very successful coach and it fully remains to be seen if that was a good move or not. Prior to Chryst, Anderson left on his own, Bielema left on his own, and of course there was Alvarez's long run. Not like they have this massive track record of knowing when to move on from coaches.
And yet we hung on to Brewster well after it was clear the ship had sailed.

I hope I’m wrong, but good big ten coaches dont lose to bad teams from the MAC, and we haven’t done much since 2019 - and even then we still lost to both Iowa and Wisconsin. Einstein would call PJ insane.

I hope I’m wrong, but good big ten coaches dont lose to bad teams from the MAC, and we haven’t done much since 2019 - and even then we still lost to both Iowa and Wisconsin. Einstein would call PJ insane.
Brew was fired part way through his 4th season, that is pretty quick by college football standards as you need to give coaches a few years to get some of their players in and their systems installed.

Bottom line is Fleck is nowhere close to being fired so those that are desperate to see the program start over again are going to have to figure out how to handle rooting for a team with a coach they can't stand or find something else to do with their free time.

Brew was fired part way through his 4th season, that is pretty quick by college football standards as you need to give coaches a few years to get some of their players in and their systems installed.

Bottom line is Fleck is nowhere close to being fired so those that are desperate to see the program start over again are going to have to figure out how to handle rooting for a team with a coach they can't stand or find something else to do with their free time.
Many of us are Mrs. Fleck.
You should not be encouraging others to do the same.

You should encourage PJ not to throw on 3rd and 1 only to attempt a field goal on 4th and 1.

Horrible timeout management, again.
Too much reliance on one player which wore him out late in the game.
Resistance to passing.
It's interesting to me but the TE position was the game story. We didn't utilize ours after 2 first quarter receptions (why wasn't he the player targeted on their fatal 3rd down pass at the end) and the Hawkeyes abused our D when it came to TE usage.

Top Bottom