Politics

And your point is what exactly?

How is this a topic?! Coach Whalen is an advocate for her colleagues, friends and student athletes! She has been a part of the BLM movement for years. Minneapolis was at the forefront of a nationwide movement this summer. It appears that many of the athletic programs are trying to do their part to make a change in our society. We are worried about separation of politics and sport? I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

I am unsure if this link will work, but this is what women’s gymnastics played on Saturday.

Last edited:

A couple of thoughts here.

First, we should learn how to post images along with comments so that our political bitching and moaning is coherent on the screen.

Second, we should remember that the "shut up and dribble" crowd has members amongst us, which I'm sure makes us all proud...:rolleyes:😖

As Gadiva Hubbard said earlier this month:

Hubbard and her teammates have worn 'Black Lives Matter' shirts during warmups before every game this year. She thinks the message can reach people in different ways.

"For the people who do know what's going on, we want people to know we are following what's happening and we are supporting the black people that have fallen because of all the incidents," she said. "But for the people that don't know, we want them to ask the question 'what does 'BLM' stand for?' and then learn things about it."

You mean the organization that has a platform to eliminate the nuclear family, that BLM? I wonder if you were to ask each of those players, or even Whalen, wearing the BLM t-shirt if they think it is good to eliminate the nuclear family how many would say yes. I wonder how many even know that is part of their platform. I support black lives just not the organization.

How about if we simply agree to keep politics out of this women's basketball forum since there are plenty of other places to put that piece of "information."

...including a forum called "Off Topic: Politics and Current Events."

If you noticed the back of the shirts, the names weren't victims of police violence, but names of black women that the players and coaches admired.

Whalen's shirt had Rebekah Brunson on the back. And I thought i saw one of the players had Coach O's name on her shirt.

Top Bottom