Police report vs EOAA

gopherhoopsguy

Reaction score
I have only read police report ..this was done immediately after it happened so everything is fresh in your memory. Sounds like consensual for first 3 guys. Investigators saw videos with clear indication of sex from guys who are paid and trained in this field.

Why are other six suspended? Seems everyone is taking sides with EOAA? Who are there experts? Are they trained? How many weeks after it happened was this investigation done?

Maybe I need to read that report. But reading police report I understand why the team is boycotting this game.

Could this have gone in the thread titled "Credibility of the EOAA"?

I think the problem is that the videos only captured 100 seconds of what was supposedly a 90 minute incident

the EOAA report is pretty slanted... not because the people who wrote the report were biased necessarily.. but when you look at what this report is on its face, a review of what happened in the eyes of: "did these players violate any university rules" then you see why the report can be damning if it is framed that way... clearly what the players did, while perhaps legal, was on the fringes of expulsion-worthy from the university's perspective.

You need to read the EOAA then. Duh. That should do it for answering your post.

Beyond that- this is crazy to me and I can't believe the Star Tribune.

The EOAA report was fully redacted and as anonymous as it could be.
The Strib publishes the police report and it is pretty much not redacted at all. Real names are used, even the victim's cell phone number is published.

This issue is no longer private or confidential at all and frankly, the victim is probably no longer totally safe.

You need to read the EOAA then. Duh. That should do it for answering your post.

Beyond that- this is crazy to me and I can't believe the Star Tribune.

The EOAA report was fully redacted and as anonymous as it could be.
The Strib publishes the police report and it is pretty much not redacted at all. Real names are used, even the victim's cell phone number is published.

This issue is no longer private or confidential at all and frankly, the victim is probably no longer totally safe.
The victim is safe. If you think the football program would target her in any way, you are out of your mind. i don't think the football team views it as "Us vs Her" but as "Us vs University administration"

I don't think the football team would target her at all, I would worry about partisans in the general public, regarding her personal information.

Maybe I need to read that report. But reading police report I understand why the team is boycotting this game.

Yes, you need to read the report. Be sure to give special attention to the time where the girl indicated she wanted the sex to stop - but it didn't. At least one player admitted that heard her say it. I don't think you will find that in the police report.

I read both reports and they are very different in tone. The EOAA makes players seem like the girl was not allowed to leave, forced to perform sexually, etc. The police report makes her seem as a willing participant, noting she willingly went back to the apartment later in the night or early in the morning.

Which version is true? If EOAA is true, put them in prison. If police report is true, I honest feel all/most are getting a raw deal - especially the second group of 5.

Either way, I don't think Kaler, Coyle, or Claeys can survive, but knowing the U of M I'm sure all three will.

Top Bottom