Points Against Penn State

jovs

Reaction score
Points Against Penn State

The three guard offense scored 30 points while the center and forward position scored 36 points.

The inside positions had 17 field goal attemtps. The three guard positions had 28 attempts. The Gophs really do have an efficient inside game and they get to the line.

Center - 17 Sampson and Iverson
Forward - 19 - Johnson and Carter
Guard - Forward - 14 Hoffarber and Williams
Guard - 12 Westbrook and Bostick
Point Guard - 4 Joseph and Cobbs

The Gophs really do have an efficient inside game and they get to the line.
We had an efficient inside game for PSU, but it really was the exception to this year, not the norm.

Based on your starter/sub rotations Here's the 'positions' avgs for the year, to be fair though we'd really have to put nolen's numbers in as well though

G 58.9 min Cobbs + Joseph + Nolen avg 17.2 pts on 37.8% shooting 116/307 11.68/40 min
G 34.1 min Westbrook + Bostick avg 16.1 pts on 48.0% shooting 119/248 18.89/40 min pts
G 38.9 min Hoffarber + Williams avg 16.9 pts on 54.2% shooting 130/240 17.38/40 min
F 40.5 Johnson + Carter avg 16.5 pts on 51.1% shooting 141/276 16.30/40 min
C 41.7 Sampson + Iverson avg 12.5 pts on 48.7% shooting 96/197 11.99/40 min

If anything we can see that we're not getting very good production out of our PG position, everywhere else is scoring pretty efficiently.

We have a few players who really need to shoot a higher percentage, because most of their shots usually come off of drives or lay-ups. By this, I mean Nolen (when he was playing) and Iverson.

Iverson shooting 40% from the field is not good. He misses to many easy shots.

I would like to see an analysis of the 1st group vs the 2nd group of players. Paul Carter seems to be the only one on the 2nd group who looks to score. Everyone else, especially Cobbs and Bostick, look so tentative out there. Bostick Probably doesnt even belong to be on the court.

I will argue that the output is changing. Sampson is becoming a dependable go to option. Johnson has been consistant all season. I think Carter is improving his game and is currently a bit inconsistant but another option. Inverson is not a starter or go to person but can come in and be a great help for minutes. If he could improve his free throw shooting he will become that more important.

I hope the the focus on shots will even out and they will start looking inside more. I know it wasn't the case earlier in he season but I think it will be important in the next few games.

Top Bottom