Pohto and Thompson, do they stay?

PeterMac05

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about these two guys? I assume they were just waiting for the new coach, but will they stay committed?

I’d be good with this, honestly don’t love Pohto as a commit.
I've heard Thompson rides the pine where he is at currently though. Not sure if true or not. If true I'd question whether he'll be that good of a get for us.

I can't speak for these guys, of course, but if I were a second tier recruit I wouldn't be de-committing right now. The focus is going to be on the transfer market and the uncommitted first tier prep players. If you're not one of those, you might have to wait sometime before getting a better offer than the one you have.

I've heard Thompson rides the pine where he is at currently though. Not sure if true or not. If true I'd question whether he'll be that good of a get for us.
He might but he has been really good at times in other leagues. Kinda like a Chet Holmgren lite

If you’re ever in Alex they have a brewery/winery that are on the same property. Good pizza too. Strongly recommend.

Was just there a couple weekends ago. Also hit up the Brewery right in town. Alex is a nice city
It really is. Some nice lakes, cool little local joints. Close enough to other stuff too. About 2 hours to MSP which is reasonable.

Who cares. Thompson I take. 4 year project. The other guy is mid major material.

This is what I mean. We won't get top players in here. We need to teach the hell out of a system or expect more losing.

Frankly, I'd be fine if neither of them end up here. I don't see either of them as being a key piece of a strong Gopher team in future years. Would rather we save those scholarships + ones freed up by additional transfers to hit the transfer portal hard and have a larger 2022 class in terms of numbers.

Bump. Any news on recommit or decommit from either?

They've already signed LOIs, so it's more than a simple commit. They would have to be officially released from their LOIs by the U. If we don't hear anything, it means that they are scheduled to start at the U in the fall. It's possible that one or both of them make a comment on social media, but unless they are released, I don't expect any kind of official statement.

Bump. Any news on recommit or decommit from either?
Not seeing anything yet. I imagine Ben will be meeting both with the team and individual players during his first week. Then he'll have to talk with the two commits and evaluate them to see if they are players he will want.

I'm with most of you- hoping Thompson stays (as seems likely) and Pohto leaves/is encouraged to look around.

If Johnson can get the Xavier guys in the portal. These guys can go.

Top Bottom