Podcast of the GI Radio: War Room Radio January, 21st

It was a pretty good listen.

For those of you who don't have the time to listen, I'll try to do a DL style recap. It won't be nearly as good, but here goes. . .

- They had Everett Williams on as a guest. He seemed like a good kid, sounds like he's 100% solid. He compared himself to Devondre Campbell, but the GI guys seem to think he'll be more like James Manuel. I guess Everett Williams had 4 TDs last season on defense and he reiterated that he isn't even talking to other schools.

They went on to talk about some current targets. . .
-Rodney Smith is down to the U and ECU, Burns thinks that we will absolutely take a second RB and "he likes our chances" with Smith. If Smith goes elsewhere, he doesn't think we will be looking at Deron Thompson, but the staff prefers other RBs who are available.
-Christian Campbell is visiting, Burns thinks the staff prefers Campbell to Mims (who committed to WKU).
-There is a LBer from Atlanta visiting who they seemed split on. He was the player of the year on defense in the Atlanta metro area, smallish, fast LBers. He doesn't have an offer and they aren't 100% sure he'll get one. I believe he's teammates with Rodney Smith.
-They think Gibson and Jones are the only current commits even talking to other schools. Supposedly, South Carolina might be offering Gibson soon.
-They talked about Holland enjoying his visit and he's visiting Wake Forest this weekend.
-Ryan Burns thinks it's between Arkansas and Minnesota for Ragnow and that Ragnow picks the Gophers.
-He hasn't heard any rumblings about a JuCo QB or transfer. They talked about Brewster at Texas Tech. The GI guys actually have it wrong, they didn't think Brewster could play right away, but he'll be a graduate in the spring. Wherever he transfers, he can play right away. However, there aren't any whispers of MN being interested.
-Sounds like they think Perra and Josh Parks could end up at the U as PWO.

For those of you who don't have the time to listen, I'll try to do a DL style recap. It won't be nearly as good, but here goes. . .

- They had Everett Williams on as a guest. He seemed like a good kid, sounds like he's 100% solid. He compared himself to Devondre Campbell, but the GI guys seem to think he'll be more like James Manuel. I guess Everett Williams had 4 TDs last season on defense and he reiterated that he isn't even talking to other schools.

-Rodney Smith is down to the U and ECU, Burns thinks that we will absolutely take a second RB and "he likes our chances" with Smith. If Smith goes elsewhere, he doesn't think we will be looking at Deron Thompson, but the staff prefers other RBs who are available.
-Christian Campbell is visiting, Burns thinks the staff prefers Campbell to Mims (who committed to WKU).
-There is a LBer from Atlanta visiting who they seemed split on. He was the player of the year on defense in the Atlanta metro area, smallish, fast LBers. He doesn't have an offer and they aren't 100% sure he'll get one. I believe he's teammates with Rodney Smith.
-They think Gibson and Jones are the only current commits even talking to other schools. Supposedly, South Carolina might be offering Gibson soon.
-They talked about Holland enjoying his visit and he's visiting Wake Forest this weekend.
-Ryan Burns thinks it's between Arkansas and Minnesota for Ragnow and that Ragnow picks the Gophers.
-He hasn't heard any rumblings about a JuCo QB or transfer. They talked about Brewster at Texas Tech. The GI guys actually have it wrong, they didn't think Brewster could play right away, but he'll be a graduate in the spring. Wherever he transfers, he can play right away. However, there aren't any whispers of MN being interested.

Thanks BL- surprised that the Gamecocks would "lower themselves" to a 2* recruit. Hope the kid stays true to the U. Anything else on the possible WRs?

Thanks BL- surprised that the Gamecocks would "lower themselves" to a 2* recruit. Hope the kid stays true to the U. Anything else on the possible WRs?

He won't be 2 star for long after a Spurrier offer.

Thanks for the recap. Sounds like Rodney Smith will be deciding very soon. That's a bummer about Gibson, really hope we can hang on to him.

Top Bottom