Please argue with my logic

Wheaton

Reaction score
So this is the reasoning. Its not groundbreaking or earth shattering, but I want to know why I am wrong.

If the coach is not named by Monday-Tuesday next week (as a show of good faith I will say Wednesday even) then it HAS to be Brady Hoke. They are simply waiting for the buyout to go down.

But the weird thing is, I really liked Hoke when this thing started and when it was announced it was "His job if he wanted it."

But as this thing draws on I like him less and less.

my issue with hoke is he will bail for bigger and greener pastures if he starts to turn the u around.... thats his mo

So this is the reasoning. Its not groundbreaking or earth shattering, but I want to know why I am wrong.

If the coach is not named by Monday-Tuesday next week (as a show of good faith I will say Wednesday even) then it HAS to be Brady Hoke. They are simply waiting for the buyout to go down.

But the weird thing is, I really liked Hoke when this thing started and when it was announced it was "His job if he wanted it."

But as this thing draws on I like him less and less.

My argument with your logic is that you make no logical argument in this post.

If 'A' (the coach is not named by Monday-Tuesday next week) then 'B' (it HAS to be Brady Hoke). There's no logic there, just a statement (which isn't to say you're not right, just that you're not actually making an argument)

Also fell out of love with Hoke some time ago. I'm "meh" on him now.

My argument with your logic is that you make no logical argument in this post.

If 'A' (the coach is not named by Monday-Tuesday next week) then 'B' (it HAS to be Brady Hoke). There's no logic there, just a statement (which isn't to say you're not right, just that you're not actually making an argument)

Touche salesman.

Let me rephrase. If he is not named by Monday/Tuesday of next week then Hoke is the coach to be named at a latter date. I think that solves the problem

my issue with hoke is he will bail for bigger and greener pastures if he starts to turn the u around.... thats his mo

That's pretty much everyone's mo. Look at Glen Mason. He went from Kent St to Kansas, spent a good part of his time at Kansas looking for other jobs before he came here. Once he had us in a bowl he was out shopping around for another job. When John Cooper got fired he left town thinking he was never coming back. OOPS. Then he gets things going again only to start the cycle over again but this time much more quietly.

Makes sense. I'm not as enamored anymore either. There's a pool of decent coaches who I think have a chance to be successful here because they've proven it elsewhere and have the "it" factor.
-Mike Bellotti
-Brady Hoke
-Troy Calhoun
-Dan Mullen
-Mike Leach
-Ken Niumatalolo

I'm lukewarm with Jerry Kill, Kevin Sumlin, Randy Shannon, and Jeff Jagodzinski even though they've had success and am less confident of their ability to get it done in the Big Ten, especially here.

Norris Wilson to be named

Offensive Coordinator at Minnesota in 2012.

Wheaton, the problem with your logic is you assume there are no other variables at play. It could very well be that Hoke is lukewarm or not interested in MN. It could very well be that Maturi can't hire anyone right now because nobody is returning his calls. It could very well be that in light of the Leach article Maturi is facing new heat from the administration and/or boosters and has to start the search over. There are so many variables that we just aren't privy too.

Top Bottom