Plea to new posters/GH members

ShowinGoldyLove

Reaction score
I understand that there is a lot of passion on the Royce issue on both sides (kicking him off the team v. letting him play), and it's coming out in full force today.

However, just because people disagree does not mean that posters should resort to personal attacks. I see that many of those involved have just joined the site within the past few days, and are slinging widespread accusations about longtime and new GH members alike, team players, or just plain "trolling" and being snarky in general.

I've enjoyed this site for a good number of years now because there is a lot of good information, discussion, and just an overall positive feel; it's a place for people who are passionate about Gopher basketball (at least most of us).

Please be respectful of everyone, veterans of the site and newbies alike. There are too many collegiate basketball fan discussion boards that turn into accusatory pissing matches. Let's not stoop to that level.

Go Gophers!

I understand that there is a lot of passion on the Royce issue on both sides (kicking him off the team v. letting him play), and it's coming out in full force today.

However, just because people disagree does not mean that posters should resort to personal attacks. I see that many of those involved have just joined the site within the past few days, and are slinging widespread accusations about longtime and new GH members alike, team players, or just plain "trolling" and being snarky in general.

I've enjoyed this site for a good number of years now because there is a lot of good information, discussion, and just an overall positive feel; it's a place for people who are passionate about Gopher basketball (at least most of us).

Please be respectful of everyone, veterans of the site and newbies alike. There are too many collegiate basketball fan discussion boards that turn into accusatory pissing matches. Let's not stoop to that level.

Go Gophers!

+100000

Go Gophers!

I would not agree that this place has an overall positive feel. A post that is perceived to be negative about the Gophers is a risk. Many people on here only subscribe to one view — their own. It's sometimes difficult to get a lively discussion going without being attacked. It just comes with the territory.

Top Bottom