Playing the spoiler

Ole

Reaction score
To be honest, the season as the most positive of us ended with the NW loss.
The west is not going to be ours this year, I remain confident we'll be right in the mix for the next few seasons unless the program implodes unexpectedly.
BUT
We now go from playing for a B1G title shot to the spoiler. With the exception of Illinois, any of the remaining games give the program and this team a chance to leave a mark.
Health aside(which is difficult to ignore) we have a chance to derail Michigan, OSU, Iowa, or Wisky and 3 of those games bring hardware along with them.
The wisconsin game is #1, but catching OSU or Michigan with their pants down could be a nice feather in our caps. The Iowa game to me is absolutely a toss up, I've simply not been impressed with them.
Wisky is very beatable this year and I have to believe this team has a chance to take it's frustrations out on senior day in what could be frigid conditions.
All is not lost, the goals simply need to be adjusted IMO.

Amen Brother. We are all disappointed, but theoretically we follow this team for enjoyment. Don't focus on what could have been - focus on what could be. Still a lot of football to play and hopefully enjoy.

Scrape together another W and get healthy for Wisc. I agree that should be the goal at this point. I'd rather it not be but rolling over and pouting would be no fun.

Amen Brother. We are all disappointed, but theoretically we follow this team for enjoyment. Don't focus on what could have been - focus on what could be. Still a lot of football to play and hopefully enjoy.

Thanks for the reminder on this. Indy was so close last year we could all taste it -- just 30 more min of good football and we would've been playing for a championship. Alas, it's only made this year that much more frustrating. But the bottomline is that we watch the team for enjoyment.

I've been to a lot of fun Gophers games, but the most fun I've EVER had at one was the 2011 win over Iowa. That Gophers team was atrocious, having lost to an FCS team and the (historically) worst program in FBS. I expected very little from our team that day. I was pleasantly surprised, and by the end was literally running up and down the aisles. :) Let's hope for at least one similar win this year...

i would be happy with derailing iowasa bid for the west and also taking the axe back.

The Iowa game to me is absolutely a toss up, I've simply not been impressed with them.

I would have agreed with you on this until they completely dominated Northwestern on the road.

Overall, this season would be much easier to swallow with upset wins against Wisconsin and Iowa and a bowl game.

Top Bottom