Players = Men

VACTERL

Reaction score
I've always disliked it when coaches refer to their players as kids. I started watching the Gophers under Wacker and he'd always say call them kids. I was a kid - they were men. Now, Brew is calling his guys kids. I don't like it. It's part of the attitude... You heard it here first - we aren't successful until we find a coach who calls refers to his players as men.

Thoughts?

Just out of curiosity, I Googled Urban Meyer's post game press conference from last season's national championship game and found a link to it. I didn't have to listen to much of it before I heard him refer to his players as "kids". Maybe Florida should start looking for a new coach. ;)

I've always disliked it when coaches refer to their players as kids. I started watching the Gophers under Wacker and he'd always say call them kids. I was a kid - they were men. Now, Brew is calling his guys kids. I don't like it. It's part of the attitude... You heard it here first - we aren't successful until we find a coach who calls refers to his players as men.

Thoughts?

Mike Gundy thinks you have to be 40 to be a man.

See Gay Player Thread

for addl. ridiculous posts.

Most of them still can't drink legally, don't have jobs, are on mom & dad's health insurance, and they are all students. I would tend to still think of them as kids as well.

Thoughts?

My kids are 32, 30, 26 and 24. How old are yours?

It's a question of motivation - not sure everyone's seeing what I'm saying... but that's okay. If you're getting people ready to go to war (don't flip out, I realize football isn't war) you wanna pump em up; you don't want to deflate their tires.

It's a question of motivation - not sure everyone's seeing what I'm saying... but that's okay. If you're getting people ready to go to war (don't flip out, I realize football isn't war) you wanna pump em up; you don't want to deflate their tires.

They don't care. Players don't look to interviews of their coaches to get pumped up.

Quite frankly, this is just a habit of coaches. We all often refer to our players as kids regardless of age. If you are a HS or college coach your players are refered to as your kids. It is what it is and don't look into it any further.

Top Bottom