Players Discipline, Confidence

RolGnav

Reaction score
I'm getting the sense that Coach Claeys isn't a good motivator. I think he is a better X's and O's guy than Kill was, but Kill was definitely a better motivator. It just seems like the players are confused out there... bad penalties in critical times, so many dropped passes, it's like their heads aren't in the game. They just don't have a good leader.

Thoughts?

Santoso needs to get his head back on straight asap. Last punt was good but some real dogs (at least for him) over the course of the game. Body language said it all on several poor punts.

I'm getting the sense that Coach Claeys isn't a good motivator. I think he is a better X's and O's guy than Kill was, but Kill was definitely a better motivator. It just seems like the players are confused out there... bad penalties in critical times, so many dropped passes, it's like their heads aren't in the game. They just don't have a good leader.

Thoughts?

I agree. The team beat itself. Two weeks in a row.

I think motivating is very overrated from a coaching perspective. The players should be plenty motivated on their own.

The penalties are a whole different matter though, that falls on the coaching.

If you saw his pre-game speech last week it required caffeine and closed caption to follow it until the end. College, unlike the pros, athletes need inspiration and somebody to help with confidence and motivation. We failed at many of the basics today and left 2 winnable games with losses.

I think motivating is very overrated from a coaching perspective. The players should be plenty motivated on their own.

The penalties are a whole different matter though, that falls on the coaching.

I agree, motivation comes from leadership of players. Today was a must win and we had no leaders step up on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you saw his pre-game speech last week it required caffeine and closed caption to follow it until the end. College, unlike the pros, athletes need inspiration and somebody to help with confidence and motivation. We failed at many of the basics today and left 2 winnable games with losses.

Your last sentence is spot on. Everything before that is gibberish and off the mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom