Player “decks” official, twitter goes nuts

Watched that last night - I was pretty shocked at the QB's lack of composure. Right move to eject him. Greatly reduced their chances of coming back to tie. Very selfish, stupid move.

LOL

Yeah, when I watched that clip yesterday I was thinking to myself "boy the ref went down pretty hard there, for what seemed like barely any contact ..."

QB should have been ejected even before he struck the ref. What an idiot.

well I guess I m in the group that says those that think its a flop ...Let me rake my fingers across your eyes when you are not thinking its coming and see how you react. I think he dropped more from the shock that he got his eyes raked than the pain of a blow

its not like he stayed on the ground and milked it

I watched the vid linked above and it seemed too distant to really tell how hard the Ref was struck. I doubt he did an intentional "flop" because it all happened so quick. Even a glancing blow from a quick, strong college player is more than most mortals could handle.

Last edited:

well I guess I m in the group that says those that think its a flop ...Let me rake my fingers across your eyes when you are not thinking its coming and see how you react. I think he dropped more from the shock that he got his eyes raked than the pain of a blow

its not like he stayed on the ground and milked it

I can't tell from the video if this is what really happened, but if you get hit right on the eyeball, it will drop you quickly. It has happened to me before.

I had a girl accidentally rake her fingers across my eyes while dancing a few years back. It was a stinger and I fell to the floor. If that has ever happened to you, you know what I am talking about.

IMHO, that wasn't an orchestrated flop. That was a stinger! And I don't think he deserved a Douchebag Award.

That ahem, b@tch slap, that he threw was in a full force swing. That would stun anyone...

Let me rake my fingers across your eyes when you are not thinking its coming and see how you react.
IF that's what happened. Then sure. The video does not conclusively show that, IMO.

Why wouldn't he be on the ground with his hand over his eyes, or like staring up rapidly blinking, etc?

IF that's what happened. Then sure. The video does not conclusively show that, IMO.

Why wouldn't he be on the ground with his hand over his eyes, or like staring up rapidly blinking, etc?
You can't even see the ref after it happens in the video. Not sure how you can say he wasn't hit in the eye. We really don't know what happened to him. Not sure what the ref has to gain in that situation by faking a flop either. It's not like he's a soccer player. :)

Top Bottom