Playback

GopherNC

Reaction score
Why can't they look at the video of goaltending but they can for swinging elbows and clock time? Is it completely up to the ref?

They definetlly should be able to double check that, cost us points 2 games in a row. They had a couple bad calls in the first half, calling Chip out of bounds was pretty bad too.

We have not had too much help from the refs. Home court advantage, "ref style", doesn't apply to us.

How many calls can we get screwed on? The announcers are not even politely ignoring the missed calls.

How many calls can we get screwed on? The announcers are not even politely ignoring the missed calls.

If the game is on ESPN or CBS, the refs call the games "fair" at Williams Arena - zero bias to the Gophers, no "home court advantage" - just look at the zero calls given to the Gophers in the last 5 minutes of the close game, including when Ralph was raped going to the hoop and when a jump ball was called when nobody had the ball in their hands (including the defender only having the jersey of his belly on the ball). If the game is on the BTN, the refs give us the home court advantage that almost every other Big Ten team gets every game, particularly Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Indiana. On ESPN or any other "national" network, not a chance!

Chalk it up to truth.

What I meant was that often times when refs make really bad calls - particularly many in one game, the announcers don't say anything. Last night they were completely honest about blown calls.

I hadn't thought of the network having anything to do with home court advantage or not. Sure feels like MN is about the only team not getting any home court advantage this year, regardless of the network.

I agree that MN lost this game, not because of the refs, but it definitely has an affect on the game and the emtions/attitudes of both teams.

There was a good shot of the play on SportsCenter last night. I want to see it before I start commenting on whether or not it was goaltending/basket interference.

There was a good shot of the play on SportsCenter last night. I want to see it before I start commenting on whether or not it was goaltending/basket interference.
Clearly a basket and not even remotley close. Absolutley obvious.

It is like a reciever caught a Touchdown, got eight feet in, complete control and handed the ball to a fan in the first row. Only to have the official say he dropped it.

2w1w2eg.jpg

You can clearly see the Illinois player pulling on the net so that the ball bounces out. Terrible call by the officials.

You know that if it was a Gopher player doing the goaltending, there is no doubt it would have been caught and called!

To me, that was easily the worst officiated game we've had all year (and that's saying something). It wasn't even the 4-5 obvious missed calls. They were just terrible with every aspect of game.

The Big Ten is breaking in a new batch of refs and it appears we're seeing some growing pains.

Top Bottom