Play Calling

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
I'm hoping that someone here can help me out. There's often times been a lot of criticism of Limegrover's play calling. However, I've never once read anyone criticize the defensive play calling here. Why is that? Has it always been perfect? I know that there are a lot of brilliant football tacticians commenting here, so I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here. Thanks in advance.

I'm hoping that someone here can help me out. There's often times been a lot of criticism of Limegrover's play calling. However, I've never once read anyone criticize the defensive play calling here. Why is that? Has it always been perfect? I know that there are a lot of brilliant football tacticians commenting here, so I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here. Thanks in advance.

Probably because our defense has generally been better than our offense.

People were critical tonight when they thought we should have blitzed when Michigan scored their go ahead TD.

Probably because it's a lot easier for fans to pick out and recognize offensive plays than defensive formations.

Probably because it's a lot easier for fans to pick out and recognize offensive plays than defensive formations.

Is it easier? Do fans really know? If we were to take s random group of fans from here and show them various defensive formations and ask them what play they'd call against various defensive schemes would they be better than Limegrover?

Is it easier? Do fans really know? If we were to take s random group of fans from here and show them various defensive formations and ask them what play they'd call against various defensive schemes would they be better than Limegrover?
Yes, more fans watch offense more than defense. They know situationally when a run is better than a pass, but I bet many fans couldn't name a pass protection scheme, few would be able to identify defensive assignments. It's not as easy to recognize for most fans because it's rarely drawn up on a broadcast or pointed out to them.

Possibly because you don't pay attention.

The lack of pressure was unbelievable on the final drive. Even on the two point conversion a 4 man rush was dialed up.

The lack of pressure has been an issue all year long. I don't know if it is a result of personnel, or coaching, most likely both. I think the fact that the defense has been very strong over the years, has given the defensive side of the ball the benefit of the doubt.

Top Bottom