PJ taking it all in, alone on the field

We think of coaches bringing guys in, coaching them up and everyone infinitely getting better.

Here is a guy with a team who has lots to work on, probably down on themselves, things not trending up recently … and his job is to get them in position to win in a difficult environment, difficult game warts and all.

Different kinda job than we often think of.

We think of coaches bringing guys in, coaching them up and everyone infinitely getting better.

Here is a guy with a team who has lots to work on, probably down on themselves, things not trending up recently … and his job is to get them in position to win in a difficult environment, difficult game warts and all.

Well said.

P.J. wanted this one... wanted it bad.

Well done, Coach.

I saw a real contrast between Fleck and Ferentz yesterday. Fleck has way more class, in my opinion. And the best part of it is, he beat Ferentz at his own game.

Superb.

I thought Fleck did a great job keeping calm and composed most of the game yesterday which is a big change from the past vs. Iowa. That intensity in the past may have contributed to playing too tight. On Iowa's sole drive with all the penalties, I was surprised at how calm he stayed even if he was probably burning up inside.

P.J. wanted this one... wanted it bad.

Well done, Coach.

I saw a real contrast between Fleck and Ferentz yesterday. Fleck has way more class, in my opinion. And the best part of it is, he beat Ferentz at his own game.

Superb.
Yes, he was more engaged on the side lines than we have seen in previous games. He needed this losing streak 2 end as did all of us. Happy 4 him and the team ! Go Gophers !

This team has a lot of young talent and guys expected to return. He’s doing a good job keeping this thing moving in the right direction.

Except for NIL/transfers. That has turned “he’s expected to return” on its head.

We no longer have anything beyond the current season.

Anyone have any idea why Heather wasn't there per usual? Cool he still had her on video phone shortly after.

I am glad Fleck can now say he won a game in every Big 10 West Stadium.

I thought Fleck did a great job keeping calm and composed most of the game yesterday which is a big change from the past vs. Iowa. That intensity in the past may have contributed to playing too tight. On Iowa's sole drive with all the penalties, I was surprised at how calm he stayed even if he was probably burning up inside.
Sounds like he lit the entire team up at halftime. There were also some big fist pumps on a couple catches. He wanted that game like no other. Hope we carry it over to next games.

Sounds like he lit the entire team up at halftime. There were also some big fist pumps on a couple catches. He wanted that game like no other. Hope we carry it over to next games.
When the trash started raining down he was livid. You could clearly see he said a handful of BS's and maybe an effenheimer. Wonder what he said at the handshake.

When the trash started raining down he was livid. You could clearly see he said a handful of BS's and maybe an effenheimer. Wonder what he said at the handshake.

More importantly, when he gathered the team up before they took the field for the last defensive possession, I wonder what he said to them. They came out like banshees with their hair on fire. The first play was a huge sack and the next two plays were just as good.

Was hoping someone would have asked him that today. I wish NBC had shown the handshake but they were showing Floyd instead. Previous times there's been a little conversation. It's obvious Ferentz doesn't like Fleck but since he's come out on top he's been able to maintain his little smirk and glad-hand for a couple moments. Was this year more of that or just a fly-by?

Was hoping someone would have asked him that today. I wish NBC had shown the handshake but they were showing Floyd instead. Previous times there's been a little conversation. It's obvious Ferentz doesn't like Fleck but since he's come out on top he's been able to maintain his little smirk and glad-hand for a couple moments. Was this year more of that or just a fly-by?
Would love details about the handshake. Seeing some tweets that there was no handshake

Per Iowa fans, and defender of all things Kinnick, this would never happen under "their" watch. No Gophers would ever be allowed on this "sacred" ground. This was implied after some of their fans tried to take part of the goal post out of the MetroDump's revolving doors.

Agree. Would love to hear more about this and the sideline huddle before the final interception.

Would love details about the handshake. Seeing some tweets that there was no handshake
If there was it was very quick. They were showing Floyd on camera and then showed Ferentz shortly after and he was already heading towards the locker room. Based on Ferentz's postgame press conference, I wouldn't be surprised if he just skipped it.

He was deliriously happy in the postgame interview.
His team looks bad, he was coaching against a guy that has been an absolute jerk to him since he took the job, the other team was ranked and has one of the best defenses in the country, and he managed to coach the team not only to a win, but a deserved win (outgained them, outpossessed them, etc). He should be happy.

Top Bottom