PJ is MASSIVELY pumped!

swingman

Reaction score
Really, really good energy on KFAN right now.

Says this schedule gives chance to make MASSIVE impact. Says fans, community, coaches, players, admin are very excited.

Can tell he loves QB, WRs, TEs and modified offense. But notes RunTheBall will still be at heart of what we do.

Last edited:

Says NIL is a great thing, but it is going to end up tearing apart some locker rooms.

Says Minnesota will select for fit, guys who pick Minnesota for the culture, academics, social. Won't have recruits making more than proven veterans.

Nubin, CAB, BSF chose culture over money.

Athan has matured so much. Great moxie, personality, ability to create.

Players in off-season have said "that's our guy."

Cole Kramer has gotten so much better competing with Athan. Both selfless; learned from Tanner.

Winston best d-line coach he has seen.

And, he's 25.

He will be a head coach. Maybe in next 5 years. Energy, passion, purpose.

Great with young people. Can talk to anybody.

Having picked Minnesota, having gone to school here, played here, he is a great asset,

Tells PA: "You are going to love our d-line." Size, length, speed. Strength. Guys who played in past left because they saw young guys who might take snaps from them. 8-9 deep. Wait till you see what Anthony Smith looks like. Wait till you see Deven Eastern. Jalen Logan Redding threw Ersery around like a ragdoll in spring. We have never had what we have up front this year. Kyler Baugh leading the way. Darnell Jefferies. I could go on and on. Really like our d-line. Credit to Debo. One of our hardest working units. First time he has been able to say that since he got here. Will rotate heavily.

Last edited:

Question from studio audience:

Pat Fitzgerald talked a lot about culture. What do you do to prevent that kind of incident.

Lot of paperwork, compliance, open door for admin, faculty, lot of avenues for students for filing complaints. Doesn't do one-on-one with players. Has a third party at meeting.

PA asks about Iowa game.

PJ: Great respect for Iowa...two coaches in almost 50 years.

Thorn in our side. Need to get over that hump.

Any chance this will be available as a podcast/streaming link?

PA asks about Iowa game.

PJ: Great respect for Iowa...two coaches in almost 50 years.

Thorn in our side. Need to get over that hump.

Fleck is right. It's time.

Go Gophers!!

some other bits:

Really like our team; really do. One of most opportunistic schedules in country. Would not want to go thru this schedule with any other team. Really special group. Absolutely love this group of young men. Worked incredibly hard this offseason. They knew they would have to work out like that to prepare for this schedule.

we want to compete at highest level. I came to Minnesota to compete at that level.

We have skewed heavier run to pass.
But, play to strengths.
Athan very different skills than Tanner.
We have incredible TE. Took us a while to develop the Ko Kiefts, the BSFs, Kallerups, the Jameson Geers....our TEs are going going to be a massive factor in our offense.
We have six guys who could be WR #1 at other programs. Do we have a Bateman type? Maybe. They are all really good WRs.
We don't have a Mo, Shannon or Rodney. But we have good, very talented guys you haven't heard of. Some a little young, a little inexperienced. Our DNA is still RunTheBall.
But, we have been adapting to our strengths since January.
This team is very different from 22 or 21.

Last edited:

just got final strength/training numbers...one of our fastest teams...our strongest team, lower and upper body tests....

said a sell-out vs Nebraska with a fired up crowd would be appreciated

Last edited:

just got final strength/training numbers...one of our fastest teams...our strongest team, lower and upper body tests....

said a sell-out vs Nebraska with a fired up crowd would be appreciated
Unfortunately, a lot of red will be in the stands. New coach and State fair is going on as well for them to participate in. Minnesota has much to offer, and the Nebraska fans will have to come here to enjoy a quality fair.

Unfortunately, a lot of red will be in the stands. New coach and State fair is going on as well for them to participate in. Minnesota has much to offer, and the Nebraska fans will have to come here to enjoy a quality fair.
It will be interesting, after the first year the volume of Nebraska dropped off… a lot.

But I would argue a holiday weekend is the biggest draw. I wonder when their schools start…

Glad to hear he is liking how the dline is doing. I don’t think Fleck typically gives a lot of unearned praise.
Not sure I heard him correctly, but I think Fleck said “the d-line is the hardest working position group on the team, and that’s the first time that’s happened since I’ve been here.”

Can’t wait to see them play.

Top Bottom