PJ is 0-17 when losing at halftime.

MennoSota

Reaction score
From the Strib on Sunday:

"Every single thing that happened out there on that field falls on me," said Fleck, who is now 0-17 when trailing at halftime.

What a damning stat. Not once in 17 tries has Fleck turned a halftime deficit into victory. Not even a 7-3 deficit to Bowling Green. Nope, that mountain was too high to conquer.

so he can't make adjustments? You can't keep sticking to the plan if it is clearly not working

Kill had a similar stat. That Kent State game we won was one of the few times Kill won a game trailing at halftime.

I would love to see this stat for other coaches. How normal is it for a HC to have a stat like this?

Kill had a similar stat. That Kent State game we won was one of the few times Kill won a game trailing at halftime.

I would love to see this stat for other coaches. How normal is it for a HC to have a stat like this?
It's very normal because there is a reason you're losing at the half. The other team is out playing you. X's and O's can be overated as it takes two teams to create change on the field. Often mistakes by a team are looked at as adjustments by the other.

I can’t believe I’ve been hearing this stat for the last three days non-stop, and no one has even bothered to compare it to the big ten’s other coaches even once.

Yeah, Kill had a crazy split like that as well where the team that was leading at halftime almost always ended up winning the game.

Makes sense when you are up or down big at halftime that the end result will probably mirror the halftime one but pretty shocking how often close games haven't flipped.

Brief search in B1G west so far:
Fitzgerald 20-53
Chryst 4-15

I would say almost every coach is going to be well under .500 on this stat but very few are 0-fer.

At one point, I believe Kill was 0-22 when losing at half.

so he can't make adjustments? You can't keep sticking to the plan if it is clearly not working
If he can’t adjust its time to move on from him. Maybe back off from the rah rah crap and actually coach during halftime

First game I think was '14 Nebraska when he overcame a half time deficit, additionally we never trailed in that scheisseshow against Kent State.

Pretty much the same stat as with Kill. He rarely overcame halftime deficits (although after some time, it did happen a few times). Kill’s teams also rarely jumped out to a lead. Often cream puffs would either score first or take a brief early lead against Kill’s Gophers.

Pretty much the same stat as with Kill. He rarely overcame halftime deficits (although after some time, it did happen a few times). Kill’s teams also rarely jumped out to a lead. Often cream puffs would either score first or take a brief early lead against Kill’s Gophers.
Fact.

On the flip, Fleck is 28-4 when tied or leading at the half.

It’s just so much like MN sports media to all get together in a big circle jerk and glom on to some random-ass throwaway fact like this (as though it ever meant anything) all at the same time, only to have the narrative collapse just moments later. Haha :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom