PJ Fleck urges fans to make trip to Pinstripe Bowl following solid support in 2022, previous bowl games

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Peters:

P.J. Fleck urged fans to make the trip up to New York City to try and give the team an extra boost. Minnesota is playing Syracuse in the Pinstripe Bowl.

With Syracuse being in-state, it could be a home game for the Orange, but Fleck is hoping his fans will make the journey and spend some time in one of the most exciting cities in the country.

“Our team is looking forward to the Pinstripe Bowl against Syracuse on December 29th. The fan support for our recent bowl games has been absolutely tremendous. There are countless ways to enjoy New York and all that it has to offer. The holiday season is a really special experience that we hope you’ll join us in New York City for.”
The Pinstripe Bowl is definitely one of the more unique bowl games. Rather than taking place in a traditional stadium, this game takes place in a baseball stadium, defying traditional standards and giving the game a fun twist.

The game will take place on Dec. 29 at 2 p.m. ET on ESPN.

Go Gophers!!

I'll be making the trip! Haven't been to NYC yet, so I'm excited to explore the city. There's a Gopher fan meetup the night before the game too.

I'll be making the trip! Haven't been to NYC yet, so I'm excited to explore the city. There's a Gopher fan meetup the night before the game too.
Bowl games are great. Try to engage some Orange fans if you get the chance.

For the Billds a favorite memory will be us engaging some Auburn fans in our modest tailgate picnic before the game. Didn't ask but pretty sure the two giants of men we talked and shared food/drink with were former players or were certainly built like they should have been. Anywho they were respectful to us but had zero respect for Minnesota. We told them of what players to watch out for and our tendencies. We wished the Tigers "good luck" when we parted for the game and they certainly thought we were nuts on our chances.

Roll the clock 4 hours or so later and the look on their faces when we got back to our car and their mammoth truck was priceless. They were in the football equivalent of shock. We wished them safe travels as apparently they just needed to head just north enough of the Fl-AL state line to get home. Certainly before the game we were certifiable to the nuthouse. After though at least these 2 would remember that Minnesota came to play and at least for these two fans decked in Maroon and Gold the optimism was justified.

Ski U Mah and have fun.

I hope we have a good turnout at the Pinstripe but it sure is quiet on a couple of our boards. A major issue for our turnout will be the lack of retirees in or around NYC. We're up to our armpits in snow and cold on the Whitefish so we're sticking around home to clean things up and stay warm.

I had told my we were going to a bowl game this year. But once NY was announced I haven't said another word about it. To expensive of a destination for us. We decided to use that money and go to Cancun.

The holiday flight cancellations and the humongous storms may dissuade fans from traveling. Hopefully, flight cancellations will clear up in time because the start time temperature is forty degrees.

It should be a good game. Remember that Syracuse beat Purdue last September at the last second.

Top Bottom