PJ Fleck talks about 2020 Recruits

hungan1

Reaction score
I apologize as this is rather lengthy. It is worth reading about each kid in the 2020 recruiting class from the December NSD. Something to fill up your thirst for Gopher football during the dead time. It does not include three PWOs who signed in the February NSD.

Each one of these recruits have interesting stories. You get a sense of what goes into the mindset of Gopher Recruiting after listening to PJ Fleck's narrative about each player.

Coach Fleck Reviews 2020 Recruiting Class

P.J. Fleck talks about buying into the program on National Signing Day

Itayvion "Tank" Brown

Jalen Logan-Redding

Miles Fleming

Victor Pless

Dragan Kesich (PWO)

Daniel Jackson

Ky Thomas

Melle Kreuder

Wyatt Schroeder (PWO)

Lucas Finnessy

Danny Striggow

Austin Henderson

Michael Dixon

Cody Lindenberg

Aireontae Ersery

Martes Lewis

Jalen Glaze

Jaqwondis Burns

Jah Joyner

Tyrell Lawrence

Mark Crawford

Jonathan Mann

Douglas Emilien

Abner Dubar

Gage Keys

Ali Saad

Minnesota 2020 Football Commits

Last edited:

Hungan, that's a lot of work you did. Thank you.
Also, I can practice my drinking while sitting down and watching these. Sorry, had to do it.

Also, I can practice my drinking while sitting down and watching these. Sorry, had to do it.

?

Just kidding! I am all good. ?

This. I have a very good feeling about this 2020 Second Empire Recruiting Class! Mark my words in three years. The class is replete with hidden talent masked by multi-sport athlecism.

"You are buying into a culture, not one person."... "Always do the right thing."This Gopher Coaching Staff really outdid themselves and got some elite high character kids who couldn't wait to be Gophers.

Last edited:

Couldn't they have made it one long video like then did in the past instead of breaking it up

I don't know how I'd shorten his presentation. It's too long either way. I like it like this way, my personal preference.

There is no brevity in PJ Fleck. For PJ to put together a montage of each kid's life and background is a nice personal touch.

More face time for PJ, something he can never pass up.

That's OK, you're an addict, you had no choice.

Bronze.... 1/3rd higher than TCF's highest point, stradling Oak Street and pointing down into the stadium.

Well, there has to be some Gold to it, maybe his hat or his whistle, as we are the Golden Gophers, right?! But otherwise I like your idea!!!

Well, there has to be some Gold to it, maybe his hat or his whistle, as we are the Golden Gophers, right?! But otherwise I like your idea!!!
If you shine up bronze really nice it looks gold.

Like make it a tradition to polish up his head every year.

At the end of the Abner Dubar video, Fleck says "I want to warn everyone, there are a lot of Juniors who will be leaving", for the folks who are trying to count scholarships.

I'm not sure if he means people who are currently JRs or people who will be JRs next season.

At the end of the Abner Dubar video, Fleck says "I want to warn everyone, there are a lot of Juniors who will be leaving", for the folks who are trying to count scholarships.

I'm not sure if he means people who are currently JRs or people who will be JRs next season.

He is saying we are going to start having more players leaving after their junior year going forward - meaning after 3 years and they are eligible for the NFL Draft. A sign of a strong program, which is why everyone started clapping.

He is saying we are going to start having more players leaving after their junior year going forward - meaning after 3 years and they are eligible for the NFL Draft. A sign of a strong program, which is why everyone started clapping.

Yeah, I sort of heard it like that but said "losing Antoine to the draft, or whatever it is. . . ". To me, he sounded careful to not only talk about players leaving for the draft. I could be reading into it too much.

Antoine Winfield Jr? That's one Junior

Antoine Winfield Jr? That's one Junior

I really have no idea and Writer Goph could be right, he was talking hypothetically about losing future people to the NFL. I think that would be sort of strange wording (why would you have anxiety about having a ton of NFL players?).

It also is hard to gauge what he meant by a junior (this year/next year?, academic/RS?). Generically, I think he just meant people leaving early.

Could also have meant guys graduating with at least a year of eligibility left. When you get 85 plus people all averaging 3.2 GPAs or whatever it is for the fb team now, and guys starting to make Academic All-American and Academic All-Conf, etc., there is an increased chance of a couple of those players graduating either early, or if they redshirted, on time, and if they are not open to the idea of continuing on in Grad school here at Minnesota, for whatever reason, whether it be the NFL calling them or another Grad school or maybe they are just done with school and hence, also done with football as well, then especially if they never cracked the starting lineup, why not move on with life and make room for the younger super stars coming into the program?

Just another possibility.

I'm hoping he was talking 100% about guys leaving for the NFL!!!

You can make a case for several players that will be JRs this season that could leave for the draft after strong seasons.

You can make a case for several players that will be JRs this season that could leave for the draft after strong seasons.

The reason why it doesn't make sense, IMO, is that having a team full of NFL players should not keep PJ Fleck up at night. I know it's kind of semantics.

Top Bottom