PJ Fleck spent offseason studying Chick-Fil-A's leadership and organization

What about other restaurants like In-N-Out in California or Dick's Drive In in Seattle? Those seem like master classes in culture buy in as well. I think both have said most of their managers started as cashier's or a similar level position and stayed with and worked their way up.

Perhaps he's learning how to keep his team from ever having to work on Sunday, since his predecessors did much better at that.

What about other restaurants like In-N-Out in California or Dick's Drive In in Seattle? Those seem like master classes in culture buy in as well. I think both have said most of their managers started as cashier's or a similar level position and stayed with and worked their way up.
Because In-N-Out are still trying to figure out why their burgers are too salty and their fries too soggy.

Have eaten in-n-out a few times and will never understand people's fascination with it. The last time I went the fries were terrible.
I don't get the fascination with In-And-Out either. It's a good burger, and decent fries, but I don't get the hysteria. I have in-laws that visit town periodically and the f'ng first thing they have to do when they leave the airport is go to In-And-Out.

I'll give them two things, which is almost enough to patronize them; I absolutely love the simplicity of the menu. They don't overload their menu with 75 options, it's just like the #1 or the #2 and that's about it. Secondly, from what I gather, how they treat their employees is legendary. Gotta love that.

As far as Chik-Fil-A, I try not to do fast food very often but their chicken sandwiches and chicken nuggets are like crack cocaine. I think it's the oil, but I could eat 100 of those nuggets. I actually did the breakfast sandwiches once on a road trip and they are about 4 levels above your standard McD's sausage mcmuffin, etc.

Have eaten in-n-out a few times and will never understand people's fascination with it. The last time I went the fries were terrible.
I was visiting my brother once when he was living in California. Told him to meet me at In-N-Out because I took the bus there from the airport while I waited for him to get off work.

Was excited to have it for the first time. Major disappointment. Not sure it would even crack my Top 10 fast foods.

Was in Texas recently (had to drive home from a work trip after American Airlines cancelled flights and next available was over 36 hours later).

Anyway, the Whataburger burger on a stop during the drive was elite.

I think you guys are out of whack on In-N-Out. It's what a hamburger is all about!

Delish.

Because In-N-Out are still trying to figure out why their burgers are too salty and their fries too soggy.

Both Whataburger (south) and Culver's (north) are far superior to In-N-Out. I do appreciate a well-executed simple California style In-N-Out burger, but the fries suck.

Hard disagree but I'm sure there's something to be said about personal preference with regards to fast food.

When it was all in CA 15 plus years ago I thought it was better. I personally like Five Guys better now.

Let's be honest, in order to be a really, truly legit burger option, at least in the upper echelon status, you have to have an option of having an egg on your burger. Smash Burger and Fat Burger have that, just to name a few

Let's be honest, in order to be a really, truly legit burger option, at least in the upper echelon status, you have to have an option of having an egg on your burger. Smash Burger and Fat Burger have that, just to name a few

I literally just handed my wife a menu for the local Legion for take out a few minutes ago, and she immediately said "gross, they have a fried egg burger". She said it's an old guy thing!

PJ studying Chick Filet = install wishbone T formation.

My wife won't touch this, but I just make her burger out of the hole. I love egg-in-a-hole burgers.

Someone correct me on this and didnt read or watch the whole thing.

I believe Chic - Fill - A had the strictest requirements when it comes to a new store opening up (pretty sure they are mainly franchise) maybe thats part of why?

I dont believe that In-n-Out franchises any of their stores?

Never heard of Dicks drive, guessing its good?

Top Bottom