PJ FLECK in NDSU territory 2nite.

bisonation

Reaction score
P J Fleck is speaking in West Fargo right now and its absolutely gorgeous out here.
Very entertaining speech as usual..

about 20-25 out of 150-200 are NDSU fans showing love with the rest obviously maroon and gold.

Jokingly ducking the questions about playing NDSU again, everyone having a good time. If you were here you could see the Love between the 2 programs, PJ says he has tremendous respect.

(PJ offerred the Bismarck ND stud Leingang )
heres a pic.

yea gopher jack picture perfect . He was great with the crowd as you'd expect

heres a pic of the setup
think PJ will hit the lakes area tomorrow/this weekend?

Was there as well. Was impressed with the conversation as I was hesitant initially to go. I didn't want to pay money to listen to a speaker give a "better yourself" convo when I could just do that at church. However, there was a lot of football talk and what wasn't football was about the team and coaching culture as well as his life.

I really wish there would have been more about the upcoming season and what the COVID situation could look like, affect the team, etc.

Was this actually in West Fargo?

I wasn't aware that WF actually has buildings, other than the western most edge of the 13th Ave retail strip, the high schools, some agriculture businesses, and mostly residential homes.

I wasn't aware that WF actually has buildings, other than the western most edge of the 13th Ave retail strip, the high schools, some agriculture businesses, and mostly residential homes.

You forgot the fairgrounds.

Ha yeah it was in West Fargo...West Fargo has exploded the last 10 years. We moved into our house in West Fargo 7 years ago and just since then they have had to build 2 new elementary schools (just in our area) to keep up with things.

Get up here sometime we'll drink beers and fight bison/Sue fans

Ha yeah it was in West Fargo...West Fargo has exploded the last 10 years. We moved into our house in West Fargo 7 years ago and just since then they have had to build 2 new elementary schools (just in our area) to keep up with things.

Must be mostly south of 94, not familiar with that area. Nor in Fargo, for that matter.

Isn't saying "PJ Fleck in NDSU territory 2nite" sort of like saying "PJ Fleck is in St. Thomas territory" when he takes his kids to the science museum?
No, it would be like saying he was in Badger territory if he was in Madison, or he was in Husker territory if he was in Lincoln.

People aren't talking enough about how COVID could hurt NDSU more than about any other program.
The economics of FCS football without fans will hit NDSU more than a FBS school. Then add in what may be the biggest economic/growth hit any state takes, via low energy prices.

. . . And there will be money to support the ballooning budgets in the risk averse, politically correct, socially astute B1G when they cancel the season? It won’t be good anywhere, but when B1G network doesn’t have games to televise, that could cripple budgets.

Last edited:

People aren't talking enough about how COVID could hurt NDSU more than about any other program.
The economics of FCS football without fans will hit NDSU more than a FBS school. Then add in what may be the biggest economic/growth hit any state takes, via low energy prices.
Not wrong, but athletics is still probably like 1% of their overall budget. And it's a state flagship school. Money will come from somewhere, as needed.

Zero chance people say "well dang, they had a nice run, but we ran out of money this year, so we'll just have to shutter the doors on NDSU football". (Not saying you were saying that)

Not wrong, but athletics is still probably like 1% of their overall budget. And it's a state flagship school. Money will come from somewhere, as needed.

Zero chance people say "well dang, they had a nice run, but we ran out of money this year, so we'll just have to shutter the doors on NDSU football". (Not saying you were saying that)

I don't think they are going to cease to play football.

I think it might turn North Dakota from a rapid growth state to a bust state. The oil-driven growth of ND over the past 10-15 years has played at least some role in the rise of NDSU football. If those trends change it could hurt their recruiting and financial resources over the long term.

Isn't saying "PJ Fleck in NDSU territory 2nite" sort of like saying "PJ Fleck is in St. Thomas territory" when he takes his kids to the science museum?
"St Thomas area" won't kick in until...maybe a generation. Hopeful, unfunded. The mirage of "massive Tommie donors" doesn't really exist. Keep hoping.

I think it might turn North Dakota from a rapid growth state to a bust state. The oil-driven growth of ND over the past 10-15 years has played at least some role in the rise of NDSU football. If those trends change it could hurt their recruiting and financial resources over the long term.
The USA Today database was updated for the 2018-19 school year. Pretty interesting to take a look. https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances (NDSU is #122)

They've had tremendous growth in revenues since 2005, in pretty much all categories. So it's hard me to refute your thought, as it might apply to at least a few of the categories.

The USA Today database was updated for the 2018-19 school year. Pretty interesting to take a look. https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances (NDSU is #122)

They've had tremendous growth in revenues since 2005, in pretty much all categories. So it's hard me to refute your thought, as it might apply to at least a few of the categories.
This chart appears to include public schools only as the privates must have chosen not to report.

Current trend of oil in ND is down right now and probably will be for a little longer.

This chart appears to include public schools only as the privates must have chosen not to report.
You're correct it is only the public schools in DI (most of them). The data comes from NCAA financial reports that all schools are required to fill out, but the NCAA doesn't make those reports public. So they have to be obtained by public records request at each school, and only (most) public schools have to fulfill the requests.

https://sports.usatoday.com/2020/07...19-ncaa-athletic-department-revenue-database/

Top Bottom