PJ After Practice Update August 16th Monday

There's a legitimate chance.

I don't know what the question was so I'll just assume the question was if they'll pull some rando season ticket holders out of the stands to run a play ... maybe someone in my row ... seat ...

---------------------------

Anyone know who PJ said was 'over aggressive' last year and improved this year?

I don't know what the question was so I'll just assume the question was if they'll pull some rando season ticket holders out of the stands to run a play ... maybe someone in my row ... seat ...

That was a response to if Chris Autman-Bell will be healthy enough to play for Ohio State.

The answer to your other question is Tyler Nubin. PJ said he's one of the most improved players on the team this year.

good notes on Wright (consistently makes huge plays), Nubin (most improved, come a long ways, playing at high level), likes WR depth with Wright, Jackson, MBS (really good camp), Boyd (come a long way) Brockington, Geary....very impressed with Nyles (grown man strength (tossed Dunlap out of way one day), hands, twitch, experience...may rotate 7, 8, 9 or ten guys on oline....installation all done...competition is so good, iron sharpening iron...never had better comp...intense back and forth...no late, no complainers, no one looks tired...good comments on T-Time, I think

I think Brockington is going surprise. Fleck said this 2021 class is his best so far. I expect to see more than a few of them on the field.

Maybe Dragon can confirm, but Boyd in his Gophersports roster photo looks much bigger than I was expecting. I'm guessing he's bulked up quite a bit in the last year.

Maybe Dragon can confirm, but Boyd in his Gophersports roster photo looks much bigger than I was expecting. I'm guessing he's bulked up quite a bit in the last year.
I've been following Brady Boyd's career pretty closely (moved to Texas and I'm a Gopher fan). From when he signed with us, he has kind of kept growing. By the end of last year, he was a pretty big wide out (~6'2"). I really think he is a guy whose recruiting would have really heated up if it was a normal year. His highlights on Youtube are especially fun because Ewers is throwing him the ball.

He moved around quite a bit in HS. I believe his dad is the WR's coach at Southlake Carroll. I believe he moved with his dad's coaching stops. He also has a little brother that is supposed to be a good WR too.

I'm high on Boyd as well. I think he at least plays in 4 games this year, possibly more if they think it's worth burning the red shirt.

It bodes well if Nubin is that improved and Walley is as good as they think he might be.

Nubin

GopherPete, Brady is actually 6"2" and the weight is correct at 210lbs. He arrived at Minnesota at 195lbs. But the off season work outs put 15lbs on him, which was muscle especially in his legs. Looks like he's done some neck excersise as well. I am very excited about Gopher Football. I hope Brady gets a chance to get some playing time, however, being a freshman and with the other great receivers on the team it may be hard to do. Hopefully he'll be ready if he's called on. Have a nice day.

Dragon21, appreciate the response. His neck definitely looks thick, and 6'2" 210 is a pretty big bodied receiver, especially for his age. I'm looking forward to him spending time under Simon and Fleck, over time I think they help mold him into a standout player for this team.

GopherPete, Brady is actually 6"2" and the weight is correct at 210lbs. He arrived at Minnesota at 195lbs. But the off season work outs put 15lbs on him, which was muscle especially in his legs. Looks like he's done some neck excersise as well. I am very excited about Gopher Football. I hope Brady gets a chance to get some playing time, however, being a freshman and with the other great receivers on the team it may be hard to do. Hopefully he'll be ready if he's called on. Have a nice day.
Special teams?

I'm sure he would if he could help the team, plus another chance to see the playing field.

Top Bottom