Pitt

mnboiler

Resident Purdue Expert
Reaction score
I have been thinking and I think it would be a great call on the part of Brewster, Maturi, and the other powers that be to get a home and home set up with Pitt. I know Brew is kinda big on these huge high profile games(ie USC) but this wouldn't nearly be as suicidal. Think about it 2 programs trying to regain there glory years from long ago(Pitt has like 6 NC I believe). I would still be a high profile game picked up by most likely ESPN Saturday night. You could go with throwback uni's and all. Pitt would bring people in to some extent and the Gopher's would have a legit chance at a W. I think this is a winner all around.

If so, probably not until 2019 or after as the NC slate is pretty much set with one headliner a year of the likes of Texas, USC, Oregon State, North Carolina, Colorado, Navy and then 3 lesser opponents. 2012 has UNLV, New Hampshire and Syracuse and a TBA but thats it until 2019. I like the NC schedule format although I still wonder about the wisdom of going against USC & Texas. Pitt, Iowa State, Huskers & Missouri would be my choices but that won't happen for at least another ten years or more. ISU has their reasons for not scheduling us and Iowa so that won't likely happen.

It would really be a throwback match.

In the 30's Pitt was the power house of the east and MN the west. The national media (east coast writers) always thought Pitt was "it". Nothing good out west.

We faced each other, for the "writers" national chanpionship and MN wlways won. These games in my opinion is what propelled MN to the unanimous National Championships.

I like what Wannstedt is doing in Pitt. He's been around the block a few times, but he's a solid football guy who looks like he's found the right place.

Wannestedt

Funny because everyone wanted Wannstedt's head a couple of years ago. He hadn't done much his first three years (5-6, 6-6, and 5-7 in 2007), and Walt Harris had not left the cupboard bare. I thought if they had fired Wannstedt, Ferentz might go there since he was from the area.

If Pitt comes here I sure hope he brings Anjolina with him. She's hot.

We have to pray that Weber follows their QB, Stull's trajectory. He was not good in his junior year, and in his first game as a senior this year had a bunch of boo-birds out. He then turned it around and is having a great year. If we can't get Notre Dame in the Big Ten, I'm warming to the idea of getting Pitt as the 12 team.

Top Bottom