Pitt Ad Fired !!

As said earlier, if we're lucky.

That said, how would hiring someone who seems to have made very little progress in paying off our Athletes Village help her with an even bigger financial challenge?

Just curious.

Particularly given how much harder the NIL and paying players is making it on University Athletic Departments budgets....
I do not get the fascination with paying off the village is ... like folks think there's some magic "paid off village championship" out there...

I do not get the fascination with paying off the village is ... like folks think there's some magic "paid off village championship" out there...
if Gabel fired the AD because of over spending, hiring someone with a track record of making nearly zero progress in retiring debt seems like an odd choice.

Personally I hope she does hire him. The best thing that can be said about the Mark Coyle era is that he hasn't sent any lewd texts to female staff in the department.

And not removing the heating Coyles.

if Gabel fired the AD because of over spending, hiring someone with a track record of making nearly zero progress in retiring debt seems like an odd choice.

Personally I hope she does hire him. The best thing that can be said about the Mark Coyle era is that he hasn't sent any lewd texts to female staff in the department.

And not removing the heating Coyles.
Little known trivia fact...Mark Coyle was the Waterloo, Iowa Hide and Go Seek City-Wide Champion three years running as a lad.

I don't think it was "over spending" and "over spending" would also not be the same as choosing to not pay off debt .. for no gain...

A few things. 1) Are they not paying interest on it?; 2) It would seem like you probably should pay off this project before any other big projects, so this could be viewed as holding back progress on other things; and 3) It could be viewed as a sign that the athletic department leadership is struggling with fundraising, which could be detrimental to the department as a whole (more funds = better, especially in this day and age).

A few things. 1) Are they not paying interest on it?; 2) It would seem like you probably should pay off this project before any other big projects, so this could be viewed as holding back progress on other things; and 3) It could be viewed as a sign that the athletic department leadership is struggling with fundraising, which could be detrimental to the department as a whole (more funds = better, especially in this day and age).
Didn't the athletic department borrow from the university to pay for it? If not, then you would never choose to make it only payable via direct donations. So any interest is either tiny or nonexistent.

And only people that think it not being paid off is a problem would be concerned (assuming they're people who think there is some large interest to pay)

It might be a good idea when we drop the check off for the Athletes Village payment, we “forget” to sign it. Could buy us some time?

Or we don’t send the check at all and when the bank calls the Athletic Department, we just pretend we are cleaning service. “Hello, I sorry, no here Coyle.”

Top Bottom