pitino's saving grace =

I agree mostly with this but if we aren't 8-10(with NCAA) next year or better in the BIG how can one make an argument that he should be kept on 1 more year when the arguments that were made about Tubby(no winning BIG records, recently stagnate offense...ect) are starting to become reality for Richard? in my mind the only thing that could save him if we went 8-10(or worse) is if he landed Trent Jr. and then he would be given 1 more year and we would all have to hope we weren't like LSU this year(in fairness LSU is turning it around?)

I would also wanna look at what that recuriting class looks like. If he continues to get progressively better recruiting classes that would be another positive thing to consider. I do think one of the smoking guns on Tubby was his incoming class did not leave anyone thinking we're reloading.

I do not want to talk about Tubby though, their firings don't need to be for the same reason nor should they be considered in the conversation. It's possible to have made a mistake firing Tubby and learn from that and change the process.

15269204.gif

hen he's listed on the roster next year, he will be a f'n redshirt junior.

That and a f'n senior with two years of eligibility left ;)

Good day sir. No GH fights for me today.. ma'boy.

I agree we probably only have 2 current starters that will start next year. I see Coffey, Fitzgerald, and Lynch joining Mason and Murphy as starters. While Curry and Hurt will join Dorsey and McBrayer as solid options off the bench. As bad as things are right now I could see a huge turnaround next season and am still gonna hold out hope for that.
That's how I see it too and as painful as Konate has been this year, he should be okay as a back up Center. Pressure won't be as high. It'll be interesting watch how the minutes shake out between Gilbert, Hurt and Fitz. Also how Buggs will fit in next year.

Play Hard

This. This team hasn't shown much grit at all.

Maybe Pitino needs to order some of Clem's retro practice shorts that said "Play Hard" on the left and right cheek. Had a pair of those and didn't let go of 'em until they were down to the last elastic thread. Loved those shorts!

Maybe Pitino needs to order some of Clem's retro practice shorts that said "Play Hard" on the left and right cheek. Had a pair of those and didn't let go of 'em until they were down to the last elastic thread. Loved those shorts!

Play hard should probably be written on the shorts, jerseys, hoops, the ball, the court, etc.

I agree we probably only have 2 current starters that will start next year. I see Coffey, Fitzgerald, and Lynch joining Mason and Murphy as starters. While Curry and Hurt will join Dorsey and McBrayer as solid options off the bench. As bad as things are right now I could see a huge turnaround next season and am still gonna hold out hope for that.

Yep

Top Bottom