Pitino with the right choice!(?) - JP Macura

Winasota Gopher

Deep Insider
Reaction score
Since we are so hard on our coaches for recruiting bad apples and we are critical when they miss the 2nd teir in-state kids.... How does Gopherhole handle this nugget of information?

JP Macura exposes self at bar....

CINCINNATI – Xavier basketball guard J.P. Macura was charged with disorderly conduct and obstructing official business after police said he pulled his pants down in a bar and provided responding officers with an ID that wasn't his.

Macura, 20, was “making unreasonable noise or an offensively coarse utterance, gesture or display or communicating unwarranted and grossly abusive language” at Oakley bar R.P. McMurphy's Wednesday, according to a complaint filed by police.

While police were investigating the incident, Macura handed an officer a Tennessee ID with the name “Myles Fox Morrissey” with an earlier birthdate, according to another complaint from police.

A university representative released the following statement:

“We have been made aware of this situation and we’re working to collect all the facts.”

if a gopher basketball player pulled their pants down at a bar and did what jp allegedly did, the media and fans would be in a tizzy.

Send in Fox 9 News Investigative.......they'll expose this horror!

I dunno. Perhaps he would have added diversity to the Bang Bros.

Saying Pitino made the right choice would be implying that Pitino didn't recruit him

Saying Pitino made the right choice would be implying that Pitino didn't recruit him

But I thought Pitino didn't try very hard and was supposed to be fired because he didn't? That JP dreamed of being a Gopher if only Pitino wasn't blind to MN talent? Ugh. I can't keep all of this straight.

While police were investigating the incident, Macura handed an officer a Tennessee ID with the name “Myles Fox Morrissey” with an earlier birthdate, according to another complaint from police.

He made it pretty easy for opposing fans next year. I imagine there will be some good signs and chants about this.

Or recruited him and decided he was a bad apple.

(I don't believe any of this, just bringing to light the craziness it is trying to recruit kids and predict what kind of kids they will be. Pitino/Tubby were often criticized for not bringing in xyz guy and also criticized for bringing in abc guy when they had off the court issues.)

Or recruited him and decided he was a bad apple.

(I don't believe any of this, just bringing to light the craziness it is trying to recruit kids and predict what kind of kids they will be. Pitino/Tubby were often criticized for not bringing in xyz guy and also criticized for bringing in abc guy when they had off the court issues.)

these are very fair points to bring up. as i said above, if jp did this while a gopher, it would be a very big deal here.

the mug shot

wcpo_jonathan_macura_jp_macura_1459433172058_35186144_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Obviously Xavier needs to recruit kids of higher character and should have done a better job of vetting JP. At least that's what the narrative would be here.

At least it was at a bar and not in his backyard to an underage girl like Dino Ciccarelli!

He dropped his pants to show everyone in the bar who the real Big East "6th Man" of the year looked like.

Real question is when he gets kicked off the team, will we recruit him?

Real question is when he gets kicked off the team, will we recruit him?

Only two possible outcomes of this via GHers.

Group 1: outraged that Pitino didn't try to recruit him back to Minnesota.

Group 2: outraged that Pitino did try to recruit him back to Minnesota.

Is pulling your pants down in public different than wearing your pants down in public:confused:

I wonder if the StarTribune will do a follow up story about JP from 2 weeks ago about this home grown boy that has turned his cheeks on MN.

Top Bottom