Pitino thinking about bringing a sports psychologist + ex-players for fresh voice

I picture Bobby Jackson and Eric Harris "walking through that door" to talk about smash-mouth defense. First they show a tape of the 1997 regional final, then turn up the lights and ask, "Any questions?" Then they go "Scared Straight" on the guys. Whoever isn't physically shaking at the end of that gets to start the next game.

:clap::clap: I would add Trevor to that group....It's time for us to find another beast to help Murphy out!

My opinion, there is no player on the current team that holds anyone else responsible for playing hard. There is no Kevin Garnet type personality on the gophers(or to rephrase no one who thinks that they can hold others responsible maybe some young guys will in a few years).

A+++

I have posed this same comment/question in every game I have been able to watch. Both seniors may be wonderful people, but by no stretch of the imagination have they exhibited ANY leadership ability to this young team. Didn't coach say Murphy was the most vocal with the players? He's a freaking freshman!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A+++

I have posed this same comment/question in every game I have been able to watch. Both seniors may be wonderful people, but by no stretch of the imagination have they exhibited ANY leadership ability to this young team. Didn't coach say Murphy was the most vocal with the players? He's a freaking freshman!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mason is kind of a reluctant leader also. It seems like he is trying not to step on Joey and Carlos toes because he thinks it is more their responsibility. Dorsey seems to have more of a leader or take charge personality but he has too many turnovers to play extended minutes. I think it was the win in Puerto Rico where they rode his play down the stretch and he made it look like he could will a team to victory.

Bringing in a sports psychologist is a waste of money unless they are getting the services for free. It's not like they players are having anxiety issues at the line or they get so anxious they can't break a press and can't like pass or dribble. Plus, medication and behavior therapy are most effective in dealing with anxiety issues and so on.

Yes. This is really what we should be worried about! :rolleyes: How dare they waste hundreds of dollars of our money?!? Nothing angers a Minnesotan as much as that..

This leads me to believe there's a disconnect between the coach and the players. I've always gone with the theory that RP was simply not a good coach (and he still may not be a good coach) but this seems to indicate a 'mental' thing between coach and players. Unless RP is simply not aware of how bad of a coach he is (I highly doubt this is the reason).
This is pretty common actually, see it the Pros as well.

Sports psychologist falls within the job descriptive of any head coach.

The bill might say sports psychologist, but they should bring in Hypnotists.

You will make the shot, you will make the shot, you will make the shot
You will rebound, you will rebound, you will rebound
You will not turnover the ball, you will not turnover the ball, you will not turnover the ball

You will........

The bill might say sports psychologist, but they should bring in Hypnotists.

You will make the shot, you will make the shot, you will make the shot
You will rebound, you will rebound, you will rebound
You will not turnover the ball, you will not turnover the ball, you will not turnover the ball

You will........

You will bitch about Viking Stadium Bill.

:)

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

You will NOT bitch about Viking Stadium Bill.

:)

FIFY

Top Bottom